~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

I actually think Cornette had some good nitpicks on this match.  Doesn't mean it's not a great match, but it's not entirely criticism free.

This did feel like a 3 or 4 match series all crammed into 1 match (but then the expectation has been set these days that main event portions of the card have to feature half-hour long matches or somehow they're lesser matches and "the fans are being robbed").  I point this out mostly because there are stretches where it felt like they were selling just to sell and extend the length of the match (that could have been, like you pointed out, them both possibly being concussed, but they were doing this early too) and also because Johnny (legit, I didn't notice it until Corny pointed it out) has two faces: Serious Johnny and Concussed Johnny.  You can honestly say the same thing about Bret Hart for the most part, but it's something he should work on - the bit toward the end where Ciampa was begging off and Johnny was having a moment of conscience about hitting him in the knee with the crutch and Johnny's expression is blank.

And the blocking of the match was off - and this one I really think Corny hit home on, but it's something that's easy to overlook if you're watching it on TV/Network: When they went outside the ring they spent a vast majority of the time on one side of the outside/crowd which for a live crowd (who paid God knows what to see that show live and ended up watching on the tron) is just poorly done because you've got one section of the crowd getting everything and another two-thirds not able to see what the heck is going on.  Could have been an easy fix in just breaking it up a bit, allow for a mini babyface-comeback where Johnny throws Ciampa back into the ring only for Tommaso to catch him coming in and throw him back outside, just on the opposite side of the ring.  That sort of stuff.

I did think they lost flow of the match a bit and that's to do with the length but then again, I enjoyed the length, i felt like they actually wanted to continue hurting each other. I think these types of marathon spot filled matches are a good thing when given the correct build. They shouldn't happen every super card but I also felt like this was one of those once every 5 year type of feuds that unfortunately would not get the time of day on the main roster. I'm a sucker for the tag team break up feud. 

I agree entirely with the second paragraph and thought this while I was watching it. On the same token, I hate all of the hard camera stuff in WWE. But even so with technical nitpicks apart, I still think this is an all time match and really out of the normal WWE realm. 

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I agree entirely with the second paragraph and thought this while I was watching it. On the same token, I hate all of the hard camera stuff in WWE. But even so with technical nitpicks apart, I still think this is an all time match and really out of the normal WWE realm. 

Im just patiently waiting for Vince to let Hunter take over the main roster.

I guess The Greatest Royal Rumble is worth making predictions about? It seems to be a pretty major event storyline wise.

Lesnar over Reigns
With the build up and everything, I just don't see Lesnar ending a 400 day reign at 3 in the afternoon. The upcoming Pay per view schedule sets it up nicely for him to keep the belt until SummerSlam, probably defending it once again at Extreme Rules, or maybe not at all. I just dont see them putting Reigns over. Maybe they even have Joe interfere to keep Reigns from looking too weak. 

Rollins over Balor, Joe, Miz

Hardy/Wyatt over The Bar for the Raw Tag Titles

Rusev over Undertaker.....JK

Bludgeon Brothers over the Usos 

Jeff Hardy over Jindal Mahal

Cena over HHH

Styles over Nakamura

The Greatest Royal Rumble winner is a tough one. I want to go with a part timer/Surprise entry, because this match has no real meaning so its perfect to let a huge crowd favorite win it. But I will take Braun Stroman just because. 

Reigns over Lesnar this should hopefully be Reigns last chance if he fails. But i feel like Joe will run in, even though i want Reigns to win just to get the title on weekly tv again

Styles over Nakamura another DQ finish

Rollins over Balor, Miz an Joe I wanted to pick Joe to have the IC title on SD since its always been the workhorse title an theres a ton of elite workers on SD. But i feel itll cheapen the work The Miz did in bringing it back to prestige by having it play hot potato once again.

Hardy over Mahal - I had orginally wanted Mahal to have the secondary titles switch brands but I went against it.

Woken Warriors over The Bar - switched brands easy outcome

The Bludgeon Bros over The Usos - this SD tag division is sick af. 

Cedric Alexander over ??? - if his opponent isnt known yet then once again easy outcome.

Cena over Triple H

Taker burys Rusev hard ??

The Great Khali wins TGRR 

I always wanted wwe to bring back the king of the ring with the winner getting the 30 spot in the rumble to make it kind  Mean something.  Could make this dumb 50 rumble winner get a bye I guess.  Or winner of this automatically becomes participant for money in the bank 

Archived