~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Cena has already put Reigns over 

There's also a huge difference when Wrestlemania is involved.  By and large majority, babyfaces win at Mania - it's just how it is.  So when HHH is playing the heel at Mania against Seth or Bryan (I would say "or Sting," too, because in Vince's mind with Sting representing WCW, he was the heel...), it's a starkly different thing from Cena playing the babyfaces at Mania and being expected/asked to put over heels... because faces predominantly win at Mania.  I agree with you and I don't.  Cena's already putting guys over, but he's not going to do it... to a heel... at Wrestlemania.  Which is why I'm still not convinced that Cena is working Elias through Mania.  That said, if they do book Cena/Balor even if Cena does put Balor over and give him the rub, it's a less beneficial rub to Balor than it should be, because Cena's been mailing it in ever since he came back for Survivor Series.

Elias is extremely over even as a heel and he’s not even really had a fued with anyone and Elimination Chamber is really his first big time match. 

I think he’s got all the tools, great with a mic, very solid worker and has an interesting character. Plus his WWE stands for Walk With Elias gig is good. 

I think he could be in line for a program with Reigns for the belt, which he won’t win. I’m guessing Summer Slam will be the Reigns vs Lesnar rematch, so Reigns will need a few fueds to win before that. 

It would also make sense to move Elias to smackdown after SummerSlam and give him a chance with the belt. 

But i would also like to see a Miz vs Elias program for the IC Belt but they are both heels over with the crowd. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Elias is extremely over even as a heel and he’s not even really had a fued with anyone and Elimination Chamber is really his first big time match. 

I think he’s got all the tools, great with a mic, very solid worker and has an interesting character. Plus his WWE stands for Walk With Elias gig is good. 

I think he could be in line for a program with Reigns for the belt, which he won’t win. I’m guessing Summer Slam will be the Reigns vs Lesnar rematch, so Reigns will need a few fueds to win before that. 

It would also make sense to move Elias to smackdown after SummerSlam and give him a chance with the belt. 

But i would also like to see a Miz vs Elias program for the IC Belt but they are both heels over with the crowd. 

I get it.  But "over" doesn't matter squat when it comes to Mania where Vince is concerned - particularly when any potential heat lost for a heel can be just as easily be regained the night after Mania with prominent placing and booking.  Mania is the ultimate, annual blowoff show where the intent is always to send the audience home happy - and that means putting the babyfaces over.  Elias (though I think he has more potential because they realize this time around that he is capable of it whereas they didn't before) has a lot of similarities to Fandango - and I don't mean that as an dig.  That said, typically, most guys lose in their first Mania (it's just a tradition), and I already feel like they're going to break that trend for a couple guys this year (Nakamura, potentially Balor depending on who they book him against), so I can't see them bucking two trends for Elias no matter how much he's "over" (and again, I question - fairly - whether he's over or the gimmick is over; there's a major difference between getting regular heat and being over).

With them rotating the PPV's around this year, I won't be surprised to see MITB be a RAW PPV - and assuming he's healthy I've got my money on Joe winning that.  It makes too much sense - particular if/when they don't turn Roman heel.  It's also who I'd expect to take the belt off Roman - because he's got already established vet bonafides and the kind of credibility that it doesn't hurt Roman to lose to Joe who comes off as a legitimate badass.  Everyone and their mother can see that the main event, organically, should be Braun vs Brock, but we're not going to get that... potentially till SummerSlam and possibly without the belt on the line (and honestly it doesn't need it).  If we don't get that at SS, that NEEDS to be a Mania co-main next year and whatever build it takes to get it there, just do it.

What I really won't be shocked at seeing them do is using Cena to put over Finn to rebuild him ahead of a heel turn and then see him and the Club swapped over to Smackdown - because there are fresh guys he can work with over there (Orton is one for sure, the three of them against New Day has a Big 4 PPV match written all over it, Nakamura, and even - if it were me booking - I'd build long-term to a Finn/Roode double-turn feud a year-plus from now).

44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Fans are going to boo the heck out of Reigns, so the idea that Vince wants to send fans home happy is just not true. 

Money in the bank is suppose to become the 5th major pay per view event this year with both raw and smackdown 

Your line of thinking assumes that Vince thinks the same way you do... if you haven't picked up on the notion that THAT is just not true, I don't know what to tell you.  Stubborn, 70 year old man and Wrestlemania is his baby.

Also, there's no guarantee whatsoever that Reigns/Lesnar goes on last, for the very reason that they're likely aware that Reigns is getting booed regardless - despite the fact that most of the arguments people have made about Reigns (aside from that he hasn't been allowed to develop organically as a face, but that's also because a select group of fans decided they weren't going to support that happening before it was even attempted... unless they absolutely got it exactly the prescribed way they thought it should be executed) aren't even true anymore.  They could opt to send the crowd home on a high by putting Nakamura/Styles as the final match, because - the Rumble showed - people will pop like crazy for a Nakamura milestone win.

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Your line of thinking assumes that Vince thinks the same way you do... if you haven't picked up on the notion that THAT is just not true, I don't know what to tell you.  Stubborn, 70 year old man and Wrestlemania is his baby.

Also, there's no guarantee whatsoever that Reigns/Lesnar goes on last, for the very reason that they're likely aware that Reigns is getting booed regardless - despite the fact that most of the arguments people have made about Reigns (aside from that he hasn't been allowed to develop organically as a face, but that's also because a select group of fans decided they weren't going to support that happening before it was even attempted... unless they absolutely got it exactly the prescribed way they thought it should be executed) aren't even true anymore.  They could opt to send the crowd home on a high by putting Nakamura/Styles as the final match, because - the Rumble showed - people will pop like crazy for a Nakamura milestone win.

Reigns vs Lesnar will go on last 100%

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What does that have to do with anything? They have been building to the Reigns Vs Lesnar rematch for 2 years. 

It means that if they have something of greater historical significance (which the first Japanese WWE Champion could certainly count as), they don't have an issue pushing the Universal Title match or Brock out of the final match spot.  They were building to ending The Streak for 20+ years (realistically 6 if we're going by times we honestly thought they might end it - which started with Taker/Shawn 2) and it didn't get the final match spot.  My point is, there is no way to say with "100%" certainty that Lesnar/Reigns is going on last unless you're just trying to be intentionally superlative.

Archived