~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

Um... Jordan's legit injured.  That was why they did the concussion angle and had Seth work alone in the match.  He's got a neck injury where they're legitimately concerned about his grip (typically a pretty good indicator he may need surgery); I say there's less than a 5% chance they put him in the Chamber.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/jason-jordan-is-working-through-34-significant-34-neck-injuries

On 2/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, pollino14 said:

So they're setting up a Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan match at Mania... What a step down for Seth. Huge step down

When he tore his ACL in the middle of his title run, they really moved away from him. 

I suspect a Rollins vs Reigns vs Ambrose match for the title was probably the plan for mania when HHH defended against Reigns 

On 2/1/2018 at 2:35 AM, The LBC said:

Just curious if anyone else has been following the Mixed Match Challenge stuff?  For something I was ready to write off when it was first announced, I've got to admit they're entertaining, mostly because they don't necessarily force the characters' current alignments on them and you get some great banter/interaction between the talent.

The Carmella/New Day stuff from the training video to all of New Day coming out in unitards that matched Carmella's and carrying mini lunchbox MITB case replicas to Big E throwing pancakes at Graves like frisbees.

Alexa and Braun are a strangely entertaining team that showed me at least that Braun's got a future as a babyface if/when they want to actively turn him and push the character that way.  He can pull off some of the big man dry comedy stuff without it being quite so hokey as how Big Show delivered it (think Kane in Team Hell No).  And Bliss his a Twisted Bliss off Braun's shoulders for the win.

I agree, I always felt Braun is going to turn face eventually. At this point, it's hard to boo the guy. 

On 2/1/2018 at 10:40 AM, The Gnat said:

Nah, Bliss is hot.

you right!

On 2/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, sleepingibe said:

I agree, I always felt Braun is going to turn face eventually. At this point, it's hard to boo the guy. 

you right!

i don't think they have to really change braun and have him turn.  He's gonna be over either way so it's just in who they have him facing really

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i don't think they have to really change braun and have him turn.  He's gonna be over either way so it's just in who they have him facing really

Well, they have to change his script a bit if he's going to be a babyface, because your babyface is going to be expected to move merch to all demographics (that means kids), and the "edgy," big man anti-hero doesn't really do that (I'm not saying you go full big goof Big Show, but you have to soften him and give him some comedic moments - fortunately Braun can deadpan that stuff really well, especially if you listen to him on the episode of Talkin' Shop he guested on).

It's simple stuff like rather than having Dasha-bot or whatever her name is interview him backstage after he puts dumps the entire announce stage on Kane and he roars, "Kurt said it was a last man standing match," you have Kurt confront him backstage and Braun coyly tries to play it off like, "Kurt, you said it was a last man standing match."  "Yeah, I did."  "Well, was he standing?"  It's little things, but being over as a face isn't the same as being booked like one; as we've seen umpteen freaking times with Bray over the past two years where he's practically been the Braybyface on several occasions with the crowd only for them to then book him as the heel yet again.

36 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Well, they have to change his script a bit if he's going to be a babyface, because your babyface is going to be expected to move merch to all demographics (that means kids), and the "edgy," big man anti-hero doesn't really do that (I'm not saying you go full big goof Big Show, but you have to soften him and give him some comedic moments - fortunately Braun can deadpan that stuff really well, especially if you listen to him on the episode of Talkin' Shop he guested on).

It's simple stuff like rather than having Dasha-bot or whatever her name is interview him backstage after he puts dumps the entire announce stage on Kane and he roars, "Kurt said it was a last man standing match," you have Kurt confront him backstage and Braun coyly tries to play it off like, "Kurt, you said it was a last man standing match."  "Yeah, I did."  "Well, was he standing?"  It's little things, but being over as a face isn't the same as being booked like one; as we've seen umpteen freaking times with Bray over the past two years where he's practically been the Braybyface on several occasions with the crowd only for them to then book him as the heel yet again.

This isn't necessarily true.  Some of the hottest acts (stone cold, later undertaker, nwo) moved oodles of the merchandise.  I fully believe wrestling is cyclical.  As an 80s kid I remember the hogan /warrior days where it was family friendly then grew up with the attitude Era.  That boom of wrestling popularity is still there but the people my age had kids so it went back to a kid centric product.  With that age bracket (the kids) growing up now it wouldn't surprise me to see a slightly more edgy product soon in the next couple years  (it'll never be attitude Era again with the e being publicly traded).  I feel the crowds are gravitating towards the anti hero more and more just like in the Austin days 

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This isn't necessarily true.  Some of the hottest acts (stone cold, later undertaker, nwo) moved oodles of the merchandise.  I fully believe wrestling is cyclical.  As an 80s kid I remember the hogan /warrior days where it was family friendly then grew up with the attitude Era.  That boom of wrestling popularity is still there but the people my age had kids so it went back to a kid centric product.  With that age bracket (the kids) growing up now it wouldn't surprise me to see a slightly more edgy product soon in the next couple years  (it'll never be attitude Era again with the e being publicly traded).  I feel the crowds are gravitating towards the anti hero more and more just like in the Austin days 

That's just the thing though, "the edge" is going to be reserved for Vince's pet babyfaces and, while Braun definitely fits the "he's big and strong" motif for that, we don't know that he's achieved that level with Vince.  Vince is going to hold the 'edgy' stuff for Roman, whether people like it or not, and maybe some others can get some table-scraps, but it's what is and going to happen.

People need to stop using the nWo for comparisons; no one is ever going to recreate it or much of anything like it (in WWE at least; the Elite and some of the more recent incarnations of the Bullet Club are the closest thing) because you simply don't have the parts of the equation the nWo had (i.e. three vets at their core who were all strong on the mic without a script and were, more or less, given free license to shoot).  WWE is a publicly traded company, the shareholders want stability first and foremost and you don't get that with an 'edgy' product, especially when you have Vince in charge who people are well aware doesn't know when to say, "when."

And Austin wouldn't have been the Austin that we all know and remember without the Mr. McMahon character to play off of and that was willing to put him over; even Austin has said as much.  The last part is what's most important.  HHH would just as soon not be out there every  week playing an authority character; he's said as much.  And past him, who is there to put Braun over.  Not Stephanie, she won't let her character get comeuppance but once a year and there is no way in HELL they're letting the visual of big arse Braun doing any sort of simulated violence on Steph.  Anti-heroes only work if you have something they're rebelling against.  You can't rage against the machine if there's no machine to rage against.

10 hours ago, DawgX said:

Well I guess Stroman is officially a face now, if he wasn't already.

Who's the sixth guy gonna be?

has to be Balor. Its not going to be Crews, unless they want to have Stroman just destroy someone and take a quick pin fall. Its not going to be Wyatt or Hardy, because those two are probably going to be tied up in a match themselves. In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see Wyatt and Hardy fight themselves out of the ring during the match and it basically become a 1 on 1 for Balor and Crews. 

Reigns, Cena, Stroman, Balor, Miz, Elias....thats a strong Elimination chamber.....also sets up Elias vs Cena and a Miz vs Balor fued. 

Its obvious that Reigns is going to win, but how we get there will be interesting.

He has to pin Cena for the win, the other 4 will all be over with the crowd and will boo the heck out of a reigns win, but if he pins Cena it wont be as bad. 

The only question about the Lesnar vs Reigns match is how many F5s will Reigns kick out of? WWE has been intentional with no one kicking out of the F5 for a year now. Even Joe and Stroman were both 1 and done. 

Here are my latest Mania predictions:

Reigns over Lesnar

Nakamura over Styles

Asuka over Charolette

Rousy over Bliss.....in a quick match, they have the chance to make Rousy look like Goldberg, they need to roll with it. Let her dominate everyone in short order, and set up an Asuka vs Rousy match in the future

Elias over cena

Balor over Miz

Thats about all i have so far

Archived