~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It still surprises me they dont do things like tease Balor having a shot to go ME Mania. Its January. And he gets rolled over by Vinces puppet who spends half the match pouting and mumbling. And I know people will say he didnt get rolled over, but, he didnt look the top shelf ME'er he should with Cena prancing around half the time mumbling "im just tryin to go to mania" and such things.

Still, totally unimpressed with what theyre doing with the women. Torries 42 and putting all the current divas to shame. Why do I wanna see Botcha Banks and her ever receding hairline? But Steph wont allow that, only divas she feels shes prettier than, (so she doesnt mind standing next to them on tv) are getting pushed anymore.

Torrie botched just like every other retro diva not named Molly Holly or Jacqueline.  Even Trish botched.  No one was nearly as bad as Kelly Kelly, but she was never and should never have been a worker anyway.

14 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

This is awful, please stop.

Maybe they have other plans for Balor at EC. He's got a miztourage now. And Banks is a much better wrestler than Torrie Wilson, please. And boy, you better be a grown man with a full head of hair to be talking about a hairline

There's still a realistic chance Balor gets into the EC.  Roman will get in, Seth will likely get in, and then who else are they really going to put in there?  Jason Jordan... after they've billed him as having been so concussed he couldn't continue a match?  Bray's not getting in there considering he's feuding with Hardy and Hardy didn't qualify.  Miz will end up defending the IC title against someone more than likely.  Same with The Bar and the Tag Titles.  Realistically they always have one smaller guy in there to get thrown around by the bigs and to pull high spots from on top of the pods.  Seth is liable to injure himself if that's left entirely to him.  Under normal circumstances this would probably be the slot filled by Ambrose, but he's injured so I could certainly see Finn getting in via a 2nd-chance "gauntlet match" or something similar pitting the guys who failed to qualify against one another.

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wow. So Nakamura who can’t carry a fued with promos won the rumble. Ok stupid but whatever. So instead of making us care about a fued between styles and Nakamura they make them tag partners. What the heck. 

AJ will most likely become the heel of the fued so they are probably building the relationship then have him turn.

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wow. So Nakamura who can’t carry a fued with promos won the rumble. Ok stupid but whatever. So instead of making us care about a fued between styles and Nakamura they make them tag partners. What the heck. 

8Rb3C7F.gif

Just curious if anyone else has been following the Mixed Match Challenge stuff?  For something I was ready to write off when it was first announced, I've got to admit they're entertaining, mostly because they don't necessarily force the characters' current alignments on them and you get some great banter/interaction between the talent.

The Carmella/New Day stuff from the training video to all of New Day coming out in unitards that matched Carmella's and carrying mini lunchbox MITB case replicas to Big E throwing pancakes at Graves like frisbees.

Alexa and Braun are a strangely entertaining team that showed me at least that Braun's got a future as a babyface if/when they want to actively turn him and push the character that way.  He can pull off some of the big man dry comedy stuff without it being quite so hokey as how Big Show delivered it (think Kane in Team Hell No).  And Bliss his a Twisted Bliss off Braun's shoulders for the win.

i'm not gonna quote stuff

dude about not attractive girls going over, I think Bliss is pretty hott, am i alone?

Finn is not getting a second chance.  This match needs actual heels, so sorry if you don't like Elias in there, but Raw is devoid of a lot of top heels at the moment.  I'm almost hoping  Cena and  Reigns are the last two to see who the fans boo more

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

i'm not gonna quote stuff

dude about not attractive girls going over, I think Bliss is pretty hott, am i alone?

Finn is not getting a second chance.  This match needs actual heels, so sorry if you don't like Elias in there, but Raw is devoid of a lot of top heels at the moment.  I'm almost hoping  Cena and  Reigns are the last two to see who the fans boo more

I'm actually fairly confident in a Finn heel turn coming up.  Might not be until after Mania, but it's coming.  When Cena beat him clean the camera wasn't on Cena celebrating, it was on Finn looking disappointed.  And he's been smiling way more than normal (that's usually a dead giveaway because they literally script that kind of stuff as much as Michael Cole's insufferable reminders of blatantly obvious stuff like "this is a last man standing match, it doesn't have to end in the ring.")

I think the reality is that once again injuries are messing with their long-term plans of what they wanted for Mania and as a result I don't think Vince knows what he wants to do in some cases yet.

Unless the plan all along, which would require them having gotten Rocky on board 6 months to 1 year ago, is delivering on the Rock/Rousey vs HHH/Steph tease they did 3(?) years ago (it was the Mania in Santa Clara), I don't think they've actually decided on all of what they want to do with the Womens' Championship matches (hence why Steph was telling Asuka "not to make her decision for 4 weeks" on RAW); it was the same was last year and that's how/why we ended up with two multi-woman Championship matches.

Similarly, I think they'd intended for Cena/Joe initially, then Joe got injured.  In the scramble, they may have (or may still) been toying with the idea of the unicorn match of Cena/Taker, but that, as always, will depend on Taker's shape.  I genuinely feel like we'd see Cena put over Finn at Mania (which would be a logical payoff to him beating him clean on RAW on Monday) since (especially with it being indoors) you know Vince is going to be falling over himself to have the Demon entrance at Mania (and sadly, it's the entrance bit that actually has me not thinking that they're just going to make Finn the odds on favorite to win the Andre BR).  At this point, Joe/Cena is likely out (or postponed till something like SummerSlam) unless Joe gets cleared soon enough to get into the Chamber to reignite that feud... and even then there some concern about his first match back - unless he's already working house shows - being something as brutal as a Chamber match).  We'll know more after the Chamber match, because if we're getting Cena/Taker then we're getting Taker pulling a Shawn (ironically a Shawn on Taker) and coming up through that pesky trap door in the ring-floor that always seems to be there to start his ish with Cena in that match.

I just don't see Cena/Elias (even with the push Elias has gotten lately) stretching from before-Rumble all the way through a mid/late-April Mania... that's not how Cena Mania feuds typically work these days.

Even Meltzer and Keller were saying that a lot of stuff is very much fluid right now (and these were statements made prior to the announcement Ronda had signed a full-time contract), but as of the day before RR, per Meltzer, the Mania plans were Ronda/??? vs Steph/HHH in a mixed tag match, Asuka vs Charlotte, Bliss vs Nia, Strowman vs Miz.

9 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

If mean if the rock can't do it, they obviously can just throw angle in there 

That's kind of my thought and where I have a feeling it ends up.  Unless Ronda is some kind of Angle-like prodigy for the business (which she could be, but even Angle spent some time in OVW before he debuted), she needs to be used sparingly until she gets up to speed.  That means used in short spurts and when in singles competition in short matches where they just let her work "her style", judo throw or double-leg, mount and throw working punches/forearms, get the armbar and tap the opponent early.  You get Hunter and either Rock or Kurt in as the male ends of a mixed tag and you can pepper Ronda/Steph stuff in there enough to get Ronda some good shine and moments.  She's a big investment and a major asset, you don't want that having to be carried by someone else.

Kiera Hogan in the Impact Zone. If Kelly Kelly can sign a WWE contract at 19 while knowing nothing about wrestling. Think I mentioned this a year ago. But Kiera should of been in NXT. One of the best young female talents out there. And being young,  WWE can teach her their style easily.

Elimination chamber. I am assuming the 6 men will Be Stroman, Elias, Cena, Reigns, Rollins and Jordan. 

They seem to be fine with Rollins falling further and further even though he’s one of the best workers they have. 

Unless we get a surprise return like Joe who I think is still out, there is not really another way for them to go. 

Wyatt is tied up with Hardy

i suspect a Balor club vs Miztourage fued will be happening 

this gives us a taste of 3 different things in the chamber. Elias Vs Cena, which they are clearly building for mania. Hopefully with Elias winning. He’s a heel that is so over with the crowd it’s amazing. 

Rollins vs Jordan which seems to be the direction they are going. 

Reigns Vs Stroman which is probably the future main event at a major pay per view. 

This is what I suspect of the match. 

Rollins Vs Elias to start. Jordan is First out. Jordan and Rollins team up on Elias but Jordan rolls up Rollins for a pin

cena comes out. Jordan is eliminated, Reigns comes out and the 3 have a stand off until they realize Stroman is still in. 

Im sure Stroman gets hit with a gituar, Superman punched, AAed, Speared and Pinned. Then destroys all 3 before leaving. 

Letting Elias pin Cena kinda furthers the one up manship of thier budding rilvary and they can let Reigns Spear him so Elias doesn’t look too strong over Cena. 

Then of course Reigns eliminates Elias last and the crowd boos like crazy because face Reigns is hated and heel Elias is loved. 

Archived