STAR TREK: The Next Generation Mafia (Romulan Star Empire wins!)

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Why would the claimed Other skate by night results?

Like Malf said like 30 pages ago; it gets harder and harder to lynch him the longer the game goes. Everyone is gonna find things that validate their reads and push others they perceive as mafia/other anti-town folks. Then he gets ignored.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Counselor said:

It’s not a slip!!!! I’m telling the complete truth! Orca knows it too because he got the same fake claim info because he is scum 

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I don't understand how you can have played with Counselor this long, read the same stuff I did, and come to the conclusion that he was lying. At worst he is a survival indy who could be recruited. Dumb or scum.

This right here...all the truth right

20 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m not scum but okay

21 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m in a chat with Dome

17 hours ago, Counselor said:

Of all the people to be stuck in a chat with it had to be the gif posting rambling fat guy 

16 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m thinking of just not entering the chat anymore at this rate. @Dome Giver enough is enough. 

All these posts were true right...no they were lies...or they are in a faction together and the truth, either way...look how easy it just rolls off his tongue lol

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You literally made the comment at one point that you would rather Swag win than town because you hate me and I am prick (paraphrased). 

That was a scapegoat for my awful read I actually like you and your abuse 

• Like 1

Just now, The Orca said:

This right here...all the truth right

All these posts were true right...no they were lies...or they are in a faction together and the truth, either way...look how easy it just rolls off his tongue lol

The Dome think was mentioned as clear joking agreed on before hand. That I regretted later. The fact you are trying to use that is comical. If y’all don’t see that Orca is scum I don’t know what to tell you.

Orca using the Dome and my fake Mason claim as a reason to point me as lying about my claim and point me as scum is the exact same approach he did in a mini game with Dome where I changed my game play and was much more logical and he claimed I was scum because of it and he ended up being scum. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Show me where I've said that you've posted without substance before, I'll wait.

"Your arguments were often illogical and random."

And I have said specific things in this thread, if you didn't see them or are ignoring them then that's on you. I've said you saying the thread is mostly fluff/off-topic is untrue.

You have made those comments, but have not pointed out a single thing that is fluff/untrue. Hence why I said you arent backing them up.

I've said that you flip flopped and were all over the place on the Counselor thing.

Maybe you arent reading the thread carefully. Because thats not the case. If you think I am wrong, show me. 

In the post you just quoted, I was responding to a specific thing you did. You were saying Dome was using the Kevin gimmick to skate by but he's been active and contributed more than just about any other player to this point. How is that skating by? Don't ignore all of my posts on you and then say that I haven't actually brought anything up.

He was active last game as well and skated by. The gimmick loosens the focus on him. Just like last game. 

And what, exactly, has he contributed? I am not knocking him with this question, I am asking you - what you specifically - have derived from his post? 

Just now, Counselor said:

The Dome think was mentioned as clear joking agreed on before hand. That I regretted later. The fact you are trying to use that is comical. If y’all don’t see that Orca is scum I don’t know what to tell you.

Bet me...you obviously dont know my scum game

I feel like people are fearmonging the concept of a lynch queue, and are misusing it as a concept.  You’re all focused on the concept of lynching Counselor at a later date, which I’m not really sure why.

Read what Orca said.  If he had a bullet, he would cap Counselor — and I imagine multiple people feel the same way.  That’s significant.

Everyone has a unique role.  There is a substantial likelihood that there is a Vig.  Look at the player list.  No offense, but there is an 80% that Vig could be a disaster going on their own reads alone.  Try explaining in post-game that you’re the Vig that didn’t hit Counselor.

By pushing elsewhere, Town maintains control over its primary tool.  If Counselor receives protection or something, we know he’s lying.  We can even direct him on who to steal from, and he might uncover scum, and if he lies he’s dead, or better yet we might direct him to scum and they have to kill him to prevent that from being unearthed.

If Counselor is telling the truth about being a survivor, I want him to win, but there are a ton of safety nets in place to prevent a disaster on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I feel like people are fearmonging the concept of a lynch queue, and are misusing it as a concept.  You’re all focused on the concept of lynching Counselor at a later date, which I’m not really sure why.

Read what Orca said.  If he had a bullet, he would cap Counselor — and I imagine multiple people feel the same way.  That’s significant.

Everyone has a unique role.  There is a substantial likelihood that there is a Vig.  Look at the player list.  No offense, but there is an 80% that Vig could be a disaster going on their own reads alone.  Try explaining in post-game that you’re the Vig that didn’t hit Counselor.

By pushing elsewhere, Town maintains control over its primary tool.  If Counselor receives protection or something, we know he’s lying.  We can even direct him on who to steal from, and he might uncover scum, and if he lies he’s dead, or better yet we might direct him to scum and they have to kill him to prevent that from being unearthed.

If Counselor is telling the truth about being a survivor, I want him to win, but there are a ton of safety nets in place to prevent a disaster on it.

However there are what 8 inactives playing. If they happen to be the vig....then what? 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"Your arguments were often illogical and random."

You have made those comments, but have not pointed out a single thing that is fluff/untrue. Hence why I said you arent backing them up.

Maybe you arent reading the thread carefully. Because thats not the case. If you think I am wrong, show me. 

He was active last game as well and skated by. The gimmick loosens the focus on him. Just like last game. 

And what, exactly, has he contributed? I am not knocking him with this question, I am asking you - what you specifically - have derived from his post? 

Illogical and random is not the same as posting without substance. And saying something as a mod is extremely different than as a fellow player. 

I literally just pointed out that you saying the thread was mostly fluff was untrue. There's been mostly on-topic discussion and I think most people who have read the whole thing would agree with that.

In regards to Counselor, you have at times posted that you were suspicious of him while also saying you don't think you'd lynch him. It reads to me like scum trying to push town towards Counselor while staying off yourself.

Ok but what does that have to do with this game? Do you think he'd not stick to a gimmick if he were town? He has been scum hunting more than most players. Pushing at people, pointing out things. Just doing it in a Kevin voice.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

This is why you are the best Mafia player hands down. Not about the saving me but because you can look at a situation and see how to use it to your advantage. It’s not all doom and gloom. You can keep your head out of your butt. I’m not a threat to town. But town can use me to their advantage. Such a smart player. Y’all take notes.