NBA 2K20

showtime

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

It would be cool if we could get Spotify on the game and just have the user make their own playlist, but that's probably not possible.  I guess it's not needed because both the PS4 and Xbox One both have Spotify app on there to play music anyway while you play.

Yeah that's usually what I use whenever I get sick of hearing the repetitive commentary when I'm playing.

y18vyvh2xgc31.jpg

Starting on August 21st at 12:01 am PT, you can get an early start on your MyCAREER while testing out the new MyPLAYER builder and hitting the court two weeks ahead of the game’s launch by downloading the NBA 2K20 Demo. In the NBA 2K20 Demo, you can try out multiple MyPLAYER configurations to create the player that best fits your play-style, which will be carried over to NBA 2K20 at launch on September 6th. The NBA 2K20 Demo will be available exclusively on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, showtime said:

y18vyvh2xgc31.jpg

Starting on August 21st at 12:01 am PT, you can get an early start on your MyCAREER while testing out the new MyPLAYER builder and hitting the court two weeks ahead of the game’s launch by downloading the NBA 2K20 Demo. In the NBA 2K20 Demo, you can try out multiple MyPLAYER configurations to create the player that best fits your play-style, which will be carried over to NBA 2K20 at launch on September 6th. The NBA 2K20 Demo will be available exclusively on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

I might run a SF lockdown defender this year.

I low key wanna get this game on the Switch.  I got NBA 2K19 on the Switch when it was on sale for $1.99 a month ago.  The game runs smooth enough and looks decent.  I'm just not sure how many will have the game on there.  I think the biggest thing that will keep me from doing is I wouldn't be able to sell my account on there.  I just enjoy playing everything on there much more since I'm not tied to a TV.

A lot of people think there will be a new archetype system in 2K20.  In 2K18, they introduced the dual archetype system.  In the 2K18 Prelude, the description detailed that a new MyPlayer builder was put into place.  In 2K19, it was pretty similar.  If you look at the 2K19 Prelude's description, it does not specify a new MyPlayer builder because it was based off the older one.

In the 2K20 demo/prelude it says there's a new MyPlayer builder in the description.  It'll probably have archetypes again, but they changed enough of it to feature it as a new builder.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

A lot of people think there will be a new archetype system in 2K20.  In 2K18, they introduced the dual archetype system.  In the 2K18 Prelude, the description detailed that a new MyPlayer builder was put into place.  In 2K19, it was pretty similar.  If you look at the 2K19 Prelude's description, it does not specify a new MyPlayer builder because it was based off the older one.

In the 2K20 demo/prelude it says there's a new MyPlayer builder in the description.  It'll probably have archetypes again, but they changed enough of it to feature it as a new builder.

I hope there is a lot more variety.

They said they couldn't do cross play between the consoles because it's too complicated.  Really?  Then how are other games doing it.... lol

I think they also said that you haven't really been able to build a true superstar due to the archetype system.  Now we should be able to in this new system.  Ronnie used the example of Russell Westbrook.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

NBA 2K on Switch sounds interesting. Anyone have experience with this?

I have 2k19 for Switch and PS4.  I'd much rather play it on my PS4, and I love my switch.  Having a portable 2K is cool, but I really only enjoyed simulating games on Switch.  I'll just be getting 2K20 for my PS4, this time around.  Maybe pick it up on Switch if it goes on sale for $3 again next year.