2019 Training Camp Thread

dll2000

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

What kind of bs is it that David Montgomery is wearing 32. That number should’ve been retired a decade ago for Cedric Benson

Comin' up just as soon as he's elected to the Bears Ring of Fame......which since we don't have one is never.  LOL

4 hours ago, soulman said:

Comin' up just as soon as he's elected to the Bears Ring of Fame......which since we don't have one is never.  LOL

Speaking of which, they should unretire every number except 7 and 34 and create a ring of honor. They've already said they won't retire any numbers because there are too many already which isn't fair for guys like Hester, Urlacher, etc so do do the next best thing and create a ROH

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Long tried to murder a rookie DL and had to be kicked out of practice.

Where have you seen these? None of the beat writers I follow on Twitter have given any updates today.

We had the Wims/Amukamara fight the other day too, think these guys are ready for the season to start. Save it for GB Kyle...

6 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

Where have you seen these? None of the beat writers I follow on Twitter have given any updates today.

We had the Wims/Amukamara fight the other day too, think these guys are ready for the season to start. Save it for GB Kyle...

Not sure which ones you follow then because they all tweeted about Long last night

6 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-simulate-game-in-first-of-its-kind-practice

Right guard Kyle Long was involved in an altercation with undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton during the practice.

“They understand that that can’t happen,” Nagy said. “It just can’t happen. It’s not going to happen, but we’ll handle that internally. I’ll have man-to-man, one-on-one discussions with everybody and make sure it’s handled the right way.”

Yanked the rookie helmet off and bashed him with it then got tossed out.  Read that he barfed on the sideline afterward.  Sick?

Happened during an interception return when he got blocked.  Gotta wonder of the rookie didn't go low on him and Kyle being sensitive about his knees and ankles got a little pissed.  Not much detail other than this but Nagy was quick to respond to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-simulate-game-in-first-of-its-kind-practice

Right guard Kyle Long was involved in an altercation with undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton during the practice.

“They understand that that can’t happen,” Nagy said. “It just can’t happen. It’s not going to happen, but we’ll handle that internally. I’ll have man-to-man, one-on-one discussions with everybody and make sure it’s handled the right way.”

Yanked the rookie helmet off and bashed him with it then got tossed out.  Read that he barfed on the sideline afterward.  Sick?

Happened during an interception return when he got blocked.  Gotta wonder of the rookie didn't go low on him and Kyle being sensitive about his knees and ankles got a little pissed.  Not much detail other than this but Nagy was quick to respond to it.

At practice I was at, Kyle was off to side screaming at himself and gesticulating wildly for some reason.  I think he had a bad rep or something.  

He seems intense and a little nuts this year.   He might be putting too much pressure on himself. Or maybe he is on some kind of medication that is messing with him.  I don't know. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

At practice I was at, Kyle was off to side screaming at himself and gesticulating wildly for some reason.  I think he had a bad rep or something.  

He seems intense and a little nuts this year.   He might be putting too much pressure on himself. Or maybe he is on some kind of medication that is messing with him.  I don't know. 

I'm wondering if he's actually weighs 330lbs plus again as they have him listed.

Trying to get his weight back down?  Steroids have him pumped up?  Or just being hard on himself?

Edited by soulman

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Whatever the case ..Kyle is a veteran and should know better than to pull that non sense.  I don't care if the guy is a long shot undrafted rookie that no one has ever heard of.  As one of the supposed leaders on the team you need to show better character and handle things the right way and not try to take a guy's head off  with a helmet because he went hard at you.  Guess what? Guys are going to be doing that all season long.

I really hope that Kyle has a big year because every other year it's been more disappointments than anything and time is running out with him given his injury history.

• Like 2