2019 Training Camp Thread

dll2000

From team earlier remember what I said before about most guys not going all out. 

That being said you can still tell some things   

If you are playing fantasy A Rob is a legit option   MT is looking for him and he is catching everything. 

Gabriel is next.  

Burton looked good. 

Shaheen isn’t practicing. 

The other TEs are ... not good right now. 

Sowell is huge.  He has a long way to go to be a receiver   

• Like 2

Right now our best Rb is Cohen.  Next is Davis who is way underrated and looks good.  Montgomery is 3rd and isn’t bad.  He doesn’t look special at this time, but he looks like he can play.  

Mizzel is not good.  Not sure what he is still doing here.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Right now our best Rb is Cohen.  Next is Davis who is way underrated and looks good.  Montgomery is 3rd and isn’t bad.  He doesn’t look special at this time, but he looks like he can play.  

Mizzel is not good.  Not sure what he is still doing here.     

Just curious.  What do you think is the major difference between Davis and Montgomery?

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Just curious.  What do you think is the major difference between Davis and Montgomery?

There isn't a huge gap, Davis looks like a faster and smoother player in the offense.  He doesn't look like a career back up RB.  At this time anyway.  

Cohen is just dynamic.  He makes plays happen.

Nall is huge.  I don't see how he makes team. 

I couldn't see every rep.  Viewing kind of sucks.  

A couple of last notes.

A Rob lined up in slot a ton today when I could see team.   

I saw some d front install walk throughs early.  Let me tell you this D is going to look a lot different in reg. season than anything you see preseason or team that is being recorded.

They come from anywhere and everywhere.   He will drop the NG and rush corners.  He overloads.  He lines guys up all over the place.   He is nuts.

Expect a lot of big plays and confusion.   Also will probably give up some big plays.  But it is gong to be fun to watch.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I have some real issues with Harry H. and way he is coaching O line.  I was 15 feet away from their drills.  

He doesn't teach grabbing inside the shoulder pads.  Every O line coach for last 10+ years does that.   He is putting our guys at major disadvantage by not doing it.  Refs don't call holding inside the frame and square anymore.  

His methods are seriously outdated.   No wonder our D line is dominating.  

I know you coached some ball. But you're talking about possibly the best OL coach in the game and calling him trash.  You might want to walk that back, js.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I know you coached some ball. But you're talking about possibly the best OL coach in the game and calling him trash.  You might want to walk that back, js.

Now I reflect and think about it they probably dont do the tech I am describing because the NFL game jerseys and pads are tailored so you cant get that grip. The practice jerseys are not so the grab opportunies just looked obvious.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

Can anybody help me with tonights game ??! 

Broncs +2 1/2 Vic's debut -_-

Drew Lock will play alot .. Quinn took over as DC and wants to bring it hard there 

Thx &cheers

Happy summer everybody ...just sold my place in Myrtle moving to mexico !!

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not only that, but he might be thinking about how the NFL refs came out and said they are going to specifically target OL holding. If they are grabbing they aren't holding (for the most part).