Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bulaga turned in a clean sheet his last four games last year and clearly outplayed Bakh yesterday. That's 5.

Last four games what? He missed games at the end last year, i know he didn't play against the Falcons and the Packers OL played well that game. He played inthe last game against the Lions and didn't have a clean sheet.

It's simple, Bulaga is heck of a player when healthy. But Bahk is on different level.

6 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Last four games what? He missed games at the end last year, i know he didn't play against the Falcons and the Packers OL played well that game. He played inthe last game against the Lions and didn't have a clean sheet.

It's simple, Bulaga is heck of a player when healthy. But Bahk is on different level.

Wasn't my statement. PFF had him clean his last 4 games.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wasn't my statement. PFF had him clean his last 4 games.

I didn't say you stated that. I clearly asked you what four games.

And, again, he wasn't clean in the last game against the Lions. None of the O-linemen were.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on what?

That no Packer O-linmen got a clean grade in that game... Going off of PDF notes given to me by a guy who does grading, he gave Bulaga negative grades on two run plays and a negative grade on Tavon Wilson's sack.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

That no Packer O-linmen got a clean grade in that game... Going off of PDF notes given to me by a guy who does grading, he gave Bulaga negative grades on two run plays and a negative grade on Tavon Wilson's sack.

qjU6AtP.gif

This Tavon Wilson Sack that is clearly not Bulaga's fault?

This Tavon Wilson sack that is caused by McCray(?) getting beat forcing Kizer to flush out of the pocket?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

On 7/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, Shanedorf said:

We'll get this one started by talking about RT extraordinaire, Bryan Bulaga

PackersWire has some PFF comments/grades on Mr Bulaga, based on his 2018 performances

"His pass-blocking grade during the 2018 season was the sixth-highest ever recorded by PFF, which has graded every game and season since 2006. He allowed only five sacks and 22 total pressures over 14 games and 559 pass-blocking snaps. His 84.1 pass-blocking grade trailed only Mitchell Schwartz among right tackles last season "

PFF recently named Bulaga and left tackle David Bakhtiari the NFL’s second-best offensive tackle duo, noting the pair’s dominance in pass-blocking situations. Together, the pair gives new coach Matt LaFleur and veteran quarterback Aaron Rodgers the luxury of having reliable bookends to the offensive line "

This is from page 1 of this thread

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 9:07 PM, Shanedorf said:

“No offensive linemen with 300 or more offensive snaps played earned a higher overall grade than Packers’ David Bakhtiari (88.3),” the PFF analysis team wrote. “The stalwart left tackle turned in a league-high 93.6 pass-blocking grade along with his above-average 68.1 run-blocking grade.

Also from page 1 of this thread

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

qjU6AtP.gif

This Tavon Wilson Sack that is clearly not Bulaga's fault?

This Tavon Wilson sack that is caused by McCray(?) getting beat forcing Kizer to flush out of the pocket?

The guy gives grades on a 100/90/50/0 system. A 100 is a win, a 90 draw, a 50 is poor block, a 0 is a miss. You only get a negative grade for a 50 or  0... Every now and then he'll give a guy 200 on a play when a blocker pulls off a double block somehow. I've only seen him do it a handful of times, so I didn't include it in the scoring system.

He gave Buluga a 50 on the sack, a 50 on one run play and a 0 on another running play... His notes for the 50 on the sack were: Bulaga was unengaged and allowed Wilson to run by him on the sack.

There ya go, like it or not, that's on you.  I hope you had fun with your ridiculous premise.

26 minutes ago, Donzo said:

The guy gives grades on a 100/90/50/0 system. A 100 is a win, a 90 draw, a 50 is poor block, a 0 is a miss. You only get a negative grade for a 50 or  0... Every now and then he'll give a guy 200 on a play when a blocker pulls off a double block somehow. I've only seen him do it a handful of times, so I didn't include it in the scoring system.

He gave Buluga a 50 on the sack, a 50 on one run play and a 0 on another running play... His notes for the 50 on the sack were: Bulaga was unengaged and allowed Wilson to run by him on the sack.

There ya go, like it or not, that's on you.  I hope you had fun with your ridiculous premise.

Your guy made a mistake if he gave Bulaga a negative grade for that play. It happens, but that was not a negative.

Therefore Bulaga turned in a clean sheet against the Lions. Therefore we can establish that he has played 5 consecutive games better than Bakhtiari, at which point the question of who is better becomes somewhat legitimate.

• Like 2

Matt Schneidman:
Bryan Bulaga blocked Khalil Mack 16 times and didn't "lose" once.
David Bakhtiari blocked him 14 times and only "lost" once.

<I think Bak got flagged twice for holding....not sure if any of them were against Mack however>

Aaron Nagler: The tackles weren’t the problem. The guards were.

• Like 1