Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

is he an RT candidate for 2020 ?
Happy to have him kicking *** on the interior, but can he possibly play outside next year ?

I believe that he can play every position on the line.  I also know that I'm probably in the minority concerning that statement.

But, it is how I feel.  He has the size, punch and leverage to play anywhere.  With his length, he should struggle some at guard, but at tackle, that length becomes a bigger plus.

He has shown that GB "hug" technique which will serve him well as a tackle.

Yah....he can do it and do it well.  That's my going out on a limb thing concerning him.  I'm a pretty big believer in Jenkins.  He immediately won me over when I was doing pre-draft stuff.  I thought he had Pouncey like athletic traits at center.  Elite athlete.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:28 AM, Shanedorf said:

is he an RT candidate for 2020 ?
Happy to have him kicking *** on the interior, but can he possibly play outside next year ?

Probably not.  I think this is one of those situations where he can be a special OG, or an average RT.  I'd rather have the elite OG.

• Like 1

One has to be happy with our offensive line depth this year. Light went in last week and after a series or two held his out at RT. Jenkins is, by all accounts, doing a great job at LG. Patrick did a commendable job at center for Linsley. 

Last year we had no depth and no RG. We talk about our turnaround at EDGE, but the turnaround at O-line is almost as impressive. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

One has to be happy with our offensive line depth this year. Light went in last week and after a series or two held his out at RT. Jenkins is, by all accounts, doing a great job at LG. Patrick did a commendable job at center for Linsley. 

Last year we had no depth and no RG. We talk about our turnaround at EDGE, but the turnaround at O-line is almost as impressive. 

Jenkins holds a PFF score of 65, which ranks him 23rd in the league.  Turner is 53.6 and #53.

Patrick was okay.....but he's the worst ranked center according to PFF, the only one in the league they rank worse than the first round pick playing center in Minnesota, Bradbury.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you don't think Jenkins is giving you that.....well to be kind you may need to self scout how you evaluate guards.

Man's been good for like a sack per game?

Edit: I thought you guys were talking about Turner

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Man's been good for like a sack per game?

Edit: I thought you guys were talking about Turner

I don't know what it is, but that happens to me often regarding those two as well.

Jenkins and Turner....there's nothing similar there, regarding phrases, sounds...etc.

Yet it happens to me, too.  

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jenkins holds a PFF score of 65, which ranks him 23rd in the league.  Turner is 53.6 and #53.

Patrick was okay.....but he's the worst ranked center according to PFF, the only one in the league they rank worse than the first round pick playing center in Minnesota, Bradbury.

None of those numbers pass the eye test. Sorry, I don't buy into those rankings. Just wondering how many of those teams faced the defenses we faced as well: 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

None of those numbers pass the eye test. Sorry, I don't buy into those rankings. Just wondering how many of those teams faced the defenses we faced as well: 

Fair enough, about the defenses.

But the numbers do pass my eye ball test.

Jenkins has won a lot, but been beaten some, too.  #24 in the NFL.  64 starting guards, so he's in the bottom of the top third.

Turner hasn't impressed me too much yet.  I take that back.  I"m impressed by his movement.  He's an athlete.  But he's been beaten plenty.  He's clearly a step up from whatever we played last year, but a clear step or two down from TJ Lang.

And that kind of is to be expected.  Playing on a new team with new guys...gonna take some time to gel.

PFF also has Bulaga ranked higher at tackle than Bakh.  Though Bakh is climbing little by little.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

He gettin blocked completely out of the play by a rookie, that's what he's doin.

Wish this was bigger.  This was another play with sweep/screen action to the other side.  Lewis and the other WR up top really sell that possible screen and takes a few defenders wide with them which creates that large lane that Jones finds.

Really cool to see those concepts.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know what it is, but that happens to me often regarding those two as well. Jenkins and Turner....there's nothing similar there, regarding phrases, sounds...etc.

It's the same number of vowels in their name :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOnlyThing said:

He gettin blocked completely out of the play by a rookie, that's what he's doin.

He's fighting over to control the gap to his left. Nothing better as an offensive lineman than when the defensive lineman wants to go in the same direction you want him to.