Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Also from page 1 of this thread

Yep, the Packers are blessed with great tackles. They probably have the best lineman in the NFL with Bahk, I know I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. And, Bulaga has been an excellent OT when healthy.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Your guy made a mistake if he gave Bulaga a negative grade for that play. It happens, but that was not a negative.

Therefore Bulaga turned in a clean sheet against the Lions. Therefore we can establish that he has played 5 consecutive games better than Bakhtiari, at which point the question of who is better becomes somewhat legitimate.

Incorrect.

I only watched  part of the first quarter of that game, so I don't have a feel for the game. I know the Packers got shutout, so I definitely understand if no offensive player had a clean sheet.

On Bulaga, my guy nailed it. If anything, he was too generous with the 50. Just going by his notes and your distant video, Bulaga just allowed Wilson to brush by him on his way to the sack. That could easily have been a 0 grade on that play. Then there were the two negative grades on running plays, so Bulaga wasn't even close to having a clean sheet.

For your Bulaga-Bahk discussion, of course your petulant premise isn't worthy of discussion.

12 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Once again, 3 All Pros for Bakhtiari, 0 for Bulaga. 

Exactly.

I'm going to quit posting about it because I don't like making critical comments about Bulaga because he's not on Bahk's level.

Bulaga is a heck of  a player and a great Packer.

End of story.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman:
Bryan Bulaga blocked Khalil Mack 16 times and didn't "lose" once.
David Bakhtiari blocked him 14 times and only "lost" once.

<I think Bak got flagged twice for holding....not sure if any of them were against Mack however>

Aaron Nagler: The tackles weren’t the problem. The guards were.

Good stuff.

Turner's gonna be fine and if Taylor has issues, then the Jenkins show begins.

Don't want to get too inspired, but a Bahk/Jenkins LT/LG combo could, and I think will, be amazing.  I'm talking all time great type stuff!

(Insert Homer Simpson drooling meme)

16 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Good stuff.

Turner's gonna be fine and if Taylor has issues, then the Jenkins show begins.

Don't want to get too inspired, but a Bahk/Jenkins LT/LG combo could, and I think will, be amazing.  I'm talking all time great type stuff!

(Insert Homer Simpson drooling meme)

Be still my beating heart! Let's give Jenkins some action with live ammo before we anoint him the next coming of Jerry Kramer! Love for this to come to fruition. 

30 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Be still my beating heart! Let's give Jenkins some action with live ammo before we anoint him the next coming of Jerry Kramer! Love for this to come to fruition. 

Oh yah, I'm out there. I'm way too early with this, but I'm running with it.

I'm thinking bigger than Kramer. I'm thinking Gale Gillingham for a Jenkins comp... I don't want get into a Kramer/Gillingham thing other than to say how great Gillingham was. He got saddled with the post Lombardi Packers, which was a shame.. This guy was a monster, a top ten Packer monster.

A Bahk/Jenkins combo has a shot to be what  Gregg/Gillingham were in the late 60's for a couple years.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Incorrect.

I only watched  part of the first quarter of that game, so I don't have a feel for the game. I know the Packers got shutout, so I definitely understand if no offensive player had a clean sheet.

On Bulaga, my guy nailed it. If anything, he was too generous with the 50. Just going by his notes and your distant video, Bulaga just allowed Wilson to brush by him on his way to the sack. That could easily have been a 0 grade on that play. Then there were the two negative grades on running plays, so Bulaga wasn't even close to having a clean sheet.

For your Bulaga-Bahk discussion, of course your petulant premise isn't worthy of discussion.

Dummy,

1. Clean sheet refers to pass protection

2. You are honest to god delusional if you think Bulaga's job is to block two guys on that assignment and account for Kizer running from pressure into a sack at the 4 second mark in the play. Bulaga handled the stunt. Kizer started to scramble, Wilson was playing the zone, read the scramble, and filled the gap.

8OAu20z.gif

That's not on the RT. Not even remotely close.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@Donzo

Four postings by you on this page alone, where you shorten Bakhtiari's name to Bahk.

If you want to shorten it, fine, but to Bakh.

BAKHBAKHBAKHBAKHBAKABAKH     It sounds like an Oerlikon gun

That was some work for nothin' there, old sport.

Some old haters called him Bahk, so I adopted it. The same with Fackrell's haters calling him Frack, so I run with Frack now, too.

But hey, keep on looking for stuff like that to jump on. That must be fun for ya.

8 hours ago, Donzo said:

That was some work for nothin' there, old sport.

Some old haters called him Bahk, so I adopted it. The same with Fackrell's haters calling him Frack, so I run with Frack now, too.

But hey, keep on looking for stuff like that to jump on. That must be fun for ya.

There was no need to duplicate the image as well as the words, since it shows above your post, so in addition to poor spelling you need to learn to edit. I guess you can't teach a fence post to be anything other than a fence post. (Yes, I'm keeping on looking, as you requested).

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

There was no need to duplicate the image as well as the words, since it shows above your post, so in addition to poor spelling you need to learn to edit. I guess you can't teach a fence post to be anything other than a fence post. (Yes, I'm keeping on looking, as you requested).

That's gotta be one of the saddest posts ever- awful.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many games in a row does Bulaga have to be better than Bakhtiari before we pose the question who's better?

Also if Bulaga stays healthy, 6m per year might actually be half of what he ends up with

It ain't apples to oranges.

It's more like Granny Smiths to Honey Crisp apples.

Right tackle to left tackle.

I think it's fun to say that both have been very, very good.  But you have to know that they are different.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many games in a row does Bulaga have to be better than Bakhtiari before we pose the question who's better?

Also if Bulaga stays healthy, 6m per year might actually be half of what he ends up with

Agreed.  This is exactly the type of situation that the Packers usually avoid.  IF Bulaga plays well this year, he's going to get paid.  And paid handsomely.  JaWuan James just signed a 4 year, $51M deal last offseason.  Ricky Wagner got 5 years, $47.5M a couple of years ago from the Lions.