Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

With a $5M cap hit, it's hard to justify him sitting on the bench.

...especially is someone like Patrick or Madison make that jump and get close to his level.

But right now, they aren't there.  In fact, PFF has Taylor graded much higher than Turner.  

I take the wait and see approach to Lane.  Much depends on development and Bulaga's contract status.

5 hours ago, Golfman said:

Loved me some Gale Gillingham, but Forest Gregg! 

Oh ya, Gregg is the man... However, like I mentioned, if Gillinghan was able to play more years with the Lombardi Packers he would have been the man.

Gregg had perfect timing. He started his career in the crap show that was pre Lombardi and played through the entire Lombardi era... Gillingham got a taste of the Lomabardi era and then had to endure the post Lombardi disaster era for the majority of his career...  As mentioned, that freakin' idiot Devine actually moved him to the DL for a year- insane.

In the bigger picture the, Bakh/Jenkins left side combo should be able to rival the Gregg/Gilliggham era- which would be amazing... Just gotta hope some coach doesn't move Jenkins to NT in 2023.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You guys are nuts if you think Jenkins had a good game against the Lions. I just finished watching this. It was a god damn miracle he only got called for one hold. 

That's why we pay the refs so much AG. We don't need to be good we just pay the most.

More seriously, I'm a moron who knows nothing about OL but the Jenkins hype seems out of control.

Just now, Norm said:

That's why we pay the refs so much AG. We don't need to be good we just pay the most.

More seriously, I'm a moron who knows nothing about OL but the Jenkins hype seems out of control.

I had him with a negative grade on 4 of our first 5 runs. 3 really bad holds (only one called) and one where he fell flat on his face. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donzo said:

Just saw a breakdown on the OL Billy Turner had a monster game on Monday... Highest rated game by a Packer RG since Lang in 2015.

If Bakh gets healthy, and they all stay healthy, this OL could be special by the end of the year.

If you put him in front of Snacks every game, man would be all pro.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You guys are nuts if you think Jenkins had a good game against the Lions. I just finished watching this. It was a god damn miracle he only got called for one hold. 

The one was.... egregious. Best hug that guys probably ever had.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

If you put him in front of Snacks every game, man would be all pro.

The one was.... egregious. Best hug that guys probably ever had.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Go back and watch him on those first 5 runs. He gives 3 hugs.

So do most interior guys on almost every run. Most of the time they let it go. Not saying they should, but they do. In fact, Booger(not an expert but) thought the holding call he had was questionable. 

I like the kid, think he's got a ton of upside and am excited to see his growth the rest of this year and in the future. 

Edited by Golfman

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So do most interior guys on almost every run. Most of the time they let it go. Not saying they should, but they do. In fact, Booger(not an expert but) thought the holding call he had was questionable. 

I like the kid, think he's got a ton of upside and am excited to see his growth the rest of this year and in the future. 

No ones saying he doesnt have upside,  and most IOL don't hold like that haha. His hands touch in the middle of the guys back. Bad games are gonna happen. Had a stunt he missed as well. Definitely wasnt one of his better games.. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

First 5 Runs of the Game:

jtqU2EF.gif

Trying to run up the middle against a stacked box.

Turner and Bulaga don't get the combo block they need. Can't control the DT before Turner has to go second level. 

Linsley gets a fantastic block on the other DT that sends him out of the play. Jenkins falls flat on his face because he was leaning against the DT that got moved.

Both DTs are in the play and Jones gets taken down.

+++

y5Pexi0.gif

Jones needs to read this better and cut between Jenkins and Allison. 

Allison needs to get his head upfield on this downblock. 

Jenkins needs to not give hugs.

+++

9JDjgXH.gif

Lewis and Allison have the combo block of the year on this play.

There are times I'm convinced Williams' goal is to have a YPC of 5 with a standard deviation of 0. This is the best blocked play of the year. Should have been a walk in touchdown, except that Williams cuts it back inside for reasons I can't fathom. No reason to not take this outside for the score.

+++

lv21ZM6.gif

Turner needs to finish this block and not allow the DT back into the play. Great play by the DT to bounce back inside and force the fumble, but you want to see this get finished. Everything else was set up for a huge run. 

Jenkins hugs the ILB.

Jones needs to not fumble.

+++

lU8rsP8.gif

This is the one he actually gets called for the hold on. Great first level block. Ugly hold on the second level. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

You're talking to a guy who rewatches more games than we've seen in our lives.  He knows what's typically passable man 

Not disputing that. My statement stands that on any given running play you could see an o-lineman 'hugging' a defender. They routinely get away with it too. On Jenkins penalty Booger thought it was questionable. I thought it was a hold, but it sort of tells you what is allowed on a consistent basis. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not disputing that. My statement stands that on any given running play you could see an o-lineman 'hugging' a defender. They routinely get away with it too. On Jenkins penalty Booger thought it was questionable. I thought it was a hold, but it sort of tells you what is allowed on a consistent basis. 

I posted 5 runs. 

Is there anybody else giving hugs on any of these plays?