Madden Ratings(Your own)

ttitansfan4life

3 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Lane Johnson is not an 89 overall. He made one of the 99’s disappear two seasons in a row. 

They've changed the scale, some teams have starters in the 50's now. The game has only one RT more highly rated. That said, yeah I think Lane is probably a 91-92 TBH.

Yeah, weird rating system.  I think several Titans players got shafted, but I also don't get how Delanie Walker is a 92 or Dion Lewis is a 84.  I mean, Walker is great, but he's 34 and coming off of a serious injury, and Lewis is like a mediocre running back. But per Madden logic, Lewis is a way better running back than Taylor Lewan is a tackle, and Walker is a better TE than Jurrell Casey is a DL (for the record, I think he's only outpaced in sacks from the interior by Gerald McCoy and Aaron Donald since he started in the league).

And Brett Kern is the best punter in the league.  Fight me.

19 hours ago, Danger said:

They've changed the scale, some teams have starters in the 50's now. The game has only one RT more highly rated. That said, yeah I think Lane is probably a 91-92 TBH.

This. The scale is different this year, so no need for people to feel upset about it.

Regarding Lane - I really doubt he blocked AD one on one - I had no desire to go back and watch either game, but Donald is doubled more often than not by every team. He is really good though and possibly the best RT in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

This. The scale is different this year, so no need for people to feel upset about it.

Regarding Lane - I really doubt he blocked AD one on one - I had no desire to go back and watch either game, but Donald is doubled more often than not by every team. He is really good though and possibly the best RT in the NFL.

Lane Johnson is the best RT in my mind, he plays his best against the best pass rushers. (Should be hotlinked to 13:56 regarding Lane Johnson)

in 2017, Lane went up against all of these guys and gave up 0 sacks against them. He was responsible for 1 total sack on the season. Last year was not quite as good, but close.

DeMarcus Lawrence x2
Ryan Kerrigan x2
Jason Pierre Paul x2
Joey Bosa
Khalil Mack
Von Miller
Justin Houston
Michael Bennett

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, Danger said:

Travis Frederick still for some reason is given the same rating as Kelce. Either bump Kelce a point or knock Frederick. Kelce has clearly been better and healthier.

And of course Carson Wentz is artificially deflated across the board because of his misguided perception due to injury.
Only Nigel Bradham otherwise seems underrated to me for the Eagles at 78. Dude is a baller.

Wait so you’re trashing Frederick for being injured but then complaining about Wentz because he has a low score due to injury?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Wait so you’re trashing Frederick for being injured but then complaining about Wentz because he has a low score due to injury?

Frederick is rated the highest Center in football alongside Kelce  (at 94 OVR) despite not playing the entirety of 2018. Despite the fact that Kelce has been the first team All-Pro for the last two seasons. Meanwhile Madden has Carson Wentz who's played incredibly well in 24 games over the last 2 seasons, at 82 overall and like the 15th rated QB. 

It's not even close to being the same. Frederick is good and should be somewhere around 91-92. Apples to oranges.

Edited by Danger

Dang I used to make Madden people weep when runnin' with Joey Browner and the Vikes back in the day. It was as if the programmer was chuckling with you during all those pick-6's. 

So primitive compared to modern Madden though, it's so complicated now. Back then if a team ran a 3-4, you could just hand the ball to the FB or RB for an easy 4-yard gain to control the clock and the game. 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, Danger said:

And of course Carson Wentz is artificially deflated across the board because of his misguided perception due to injury.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, SBLIII said:

QB:

Wentz should be 85 or 86.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, Starless said:

Wentz and Watson are both several points too low as far as QBs go. Wentz should be ~89, Watson ~87.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Wentz high 80s or like 90, can't believe my man is only 82 and #12! 

Most overrated player on this site. Wentz is a borderline top 10 QB and is rated properly. He has one 9 game ridiculous stretch. In the other 44 possible games he has either not been that, or not played at all. 

Seriously - think about that. 53 total possible games and everyone wants to focus on the the 17% of the time that he looked MVP worthy. And they ignore the 83% of his career that he has not been MVP/All pro worthy. 

Edited by Matts4313

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Most overrated player on this site. Wentz is a borderline top 10 QB and is rated properly. He has one 9 game ridiculous stretch. In the other 44 possible games he has either not been that, or not played at all. 

Seriously - think about that. 53 total possible games and everyone wants to focus on the the 17% of the time that he looked MVP worthy. 

what's wrong about a 85 or 86? Puts him at 10th in the league

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Just the idea that he needs to be bumped at all is what I was referring too. He is about where he needs to be. Most have him ranked between 10-15; so 12 is perfectly acceptable. 

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Wentz is at 82. I'm not saying he needs to be like 90. But when he's behind Baker Mayfield, and Cam Newton, and Dak is an 81? Yeah. Carson is underrated as hell by Madden.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wentz is at 82. I'm not saying he needs to be like 90. But when he's behind Baker Mayfield, and Cam Newton, and Dak is an 81? Yeah. Carson is underrated as hell by Madden.

Dak, Wentz, Baker and Cam are all arguably 10-15 ranked QBs. Wentz is overrated as hell, by some of you. 

I literally just read a website that had them ranked:

10 Mayfield

11 Wentz

12 Cam

13 Dak

Edited by Matts4313