Redskins Losing Fans at a Rapid Rate

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/15/nfl-nba-nhl-mlb-sports-teams-running-out-of-fans/39667999/

5. Washington Redskins

• Avg. home attendance change 2008-2018: -31.1%

• 2018 avg. home game attendance (pct. capacity): 61,028 (74.4%)

• 2018 record: 7-9

Washington was the only team that failed to fill at least three-quarters of seats in its stadium in the 2018 season, losing nearly a third of its fans over the past 10 years. The Redskins have not won a playoff game since the 2005 season, and they got blown out in their only three postseason appearances since.

Can we get to 50K this year? Stay Tuned.

• Like 2

As I said in the Fire Bruce Thread: If we win things will change. Especially if Haskins turns into a great QB. Just look at the excitement around RG3 in 2012 vs what most fans think of the team now. Winning cures all. 

Also, our stadium sucks and I think it is one of the oldest in the NFL. A new stadium next decade will also make fans excited as long as the team is good w/ a good young QB or by that time hopefully a good to great QB in his prime.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually watched less nfl in general last year and I don’t have any real reason for it other than I just wanted to use my Sunday’s doing something else.

What in the world is better than NFL football on a crisp Fall Sunday afternoon or snowy Winter day !!?? My wife has about a 1,000 answers for that --but that's another story ! She says that's what the DVR is for . O.o

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

She says that's what the DVR is for . O.o

Recorded sports don't work. Sure, you can have a little lag to skip through commercials/reviews, but watching the game after it's over feels weird. At that point, just look the final score and maybe fast forward to any controversial part.

More reasonably, if you don't want to pay for the All-22, DVRing the game can be useful to review plays after the fact.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Marriage 

Hey, I explained BEFORE marriage that 3.5 hours a week were mine for my Redskin fix. She ( way way back when- when she wanted to get married said -Oh that's fine ) Well, now -- it ain't so fudging fine . 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I mean, that's going to happen when you fire the staff that was making strides in fan retention and relationships.

Definitely, Brian Lafemina and his crew had such a good plan too, Bruce had to go get all jealous again and convince Dan to get rid of them though. Ugh