Fiba World Cup 2019 Thread

NYRaider

We have such great talent. 

Mitchell/Tatum are young guys that can shine 

walker can lead us in scoring on the FIBA level

we have vets like Love and Tucker that can steady the ship

We have versatile guys like Middleton, Harris and Barnes that are match up nightmares for teams. 

The us dominates because of an advantage if athleticism. We will still have that. 

Ill be be shocked if we have any single digit games. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Major difference between a team full of All-NBA, HOFers playing against NBA role players/high level Euro guys. And fringe All-Star level talent playing against that same competition. 

The level of competition these guys are playing in Europe are failed G-Leaguers, ex NBA vets who havent went to the Big 3 yet, and ex D1 guys who couldn't even sniff the league. Yes, they will have 1 or 2 current NBA players, but it's really nothing to be concerned about. Anything less than Gold and double digit victories every game is a failure.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

France and Serbia will both be very good. With the number of guys that have pulled out I won't be surprised if USA falls short of a gold medal this year. Coach K really had changed the culture and guys wanted to play in international competition. Now that he's gone guys seemingly don't want to play anymore. 

Lol Coach K.

back when he had some clout

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The level of competition these guys are playing in Europe are failed G-Leaguers, ex NBA vets who havent went to the Big 3 yet, and ex D1 guys who couldn't even sniff the league. Yes, they will have 1 or 2 current NBA players, but it's really nothing to be concerned about. Anything less than Gold and double digit victories every game is a failure.

Did you forget 2004? When they played against a bunch of fringe NBA guys with a team full of All-NBA, All-Star, and future HOFers and lost to Argentina who had very little legit talent? 

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Did you forget 2004? When they played against a bunch of fringe NBA guys with a team full of All-NBA, All-Star, and future HOFers and lost to Argentina who had very little legit talent? 

I didn't, but it's really important to point out where the talent was on that team in the point of their career, playing time, intensity, motivation, etc. A team led by Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury doesn't strike me as one who really cares. Lebron and Melo didn't play too much. I agree the talent level head and shoulders over the rest of the world and its the biggest blemish in USA Basketball history, but team we're assembling is filled with alot of "prove it" guys which I think bodes well. No one wants to be a part of a team who doesn't win gold in the US, especially after that '04 performance where everyone ridiculed them for it (hence why 2008 was back with a vengeance).