Trade Zeke

KewlBeanz

48 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

If he’s holding out demanding a new contract he won’t have much trade value.

Well then, sounds like he has us by the acorns.

Give him what he wants or he holds out, we suffer offensively, AND he has no trade value.

I don't see where we have any options here.

With $35 million or more in cap space, I think these teams will be interested in trading for Ezekiel Elliott by next off-season:

Titans ($35) if Lewis and Henry struggle

Redskins ($35) Guice might not pan out and its's Snyder, plus Haskins/McLaurin/Zeke have the OSU connection

Rams ($50) not afraid of trading for and engaging in talks for multiple superstar-type players even at the same position

Broncos ($50) if Lindsay was a rookie wonder

Bills ($60) if Singletary doesn't show out

Buccaneers ($60) might want to upgrade

Dolphins ($60) if the Dolphins become desperate

Seahawks ($75) Propensity to acquire RB's and value them highly a la Marshawn Lynch. If Carson remains injury prone and Penny is a bust

Texans ($80) Cap space, Texas, position of need potentially

Edited by DoleINGout

I'm offering Zeke a front loaded contract that can also be voided based on off the field issues.

Zeke put himself in those situations and trouble continues to follow him.

If he doesnt agree to those stipulations then trade him. At the very least you can find out for sure if Dak can win without Zeke.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, Danger said:

FYI. The OP is a skins fan. He made a troll thread in the Eagles forum the other day.

Maybe intent was to troll, it inspired a pretty interesting discussion though.

I sometimes post threads in other forums because I legit want to hear inside fans opinions.  Most of time people assume it’s trolling, but in my case it isn’t.

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I'm offering Zeke a front loaded contract that can also be voided based on off the field issues.

Zeke put himself in those situations and trouble continues to follow him.

If he doesnt agree to those stipulations then trade him. At the very least you can find out for sure if Dak can win without Zeke.

With cap carry over there is no point in frontloading. We just have to keep the GTD money down. 

• Like 2

Put me some where in the middle of this debate.   

Elliot is by far the best player in our team and yes I understand the stats very well that we win when Dak throws the ball well first and foremost but I also feel Elliot or a high level running game is a big part of having a efficient QB that can not be measured in any stat

i also feel that RB is one of the easiest after IOL that you can improve upon in the draft    So yes loosing Zeke unexpectedly would be a killer to this team replacing him with a productive back is not an impossible task   I also am concerned about just how long Elliot will be effective rarely do backs who are work horses like Elliot last over three four years

also as a side note just when was it a team won the super bowl with the best back in football   Maybe Seattle before that Denver then Dallas  not a good record 

I think more teams win the super bowl with a average QB and top flight D then teams with the best RB in the game

so no I am not on the side of resigning Zeke at all cost. But would be okay with it I would just cross my fingers he never gets really hurt bad

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

With $35 million or more in cap space, I think these teams will be interested in trading for Ezekiel Elliott by next off-season:

Titans ($35) if Lewis and Henry struggle

Redskins ($35) Guice might not pan out and its's Snyder, plus Haskins/McLaurin/Zeke have the OSU connection

Rams ($50) not afraid of trading for and engaging in talks for multiple superstar-type players even at the same position

Broncos ($50) if Lindsay was a rookie wonder

Bills ($60) if Singletary doesn't show out

Buccaneers ($60) might want to upgrade

Dolphins ($60) if the Dolphins become desperate

Seahawks ($75) Propensity to acquire RB's and value them highly a la Marshawn Lynch. If Carson remains injury prone and Penny is a bust

Texans ($80) Cap space, Texas, position of need potentially

Dolphins, Bucs, Bills,   and Texans,   I could definitely see being interested.     Dolphins could trade Drake as part ,  Bucs could trade Ronald Jones as part,   Bills can release McCoy and save cap space, and Texans could release Miller and save cap space.   Imagine having Watson,  Hopkins, and Zeke.   Age 23. 27. amd 24.

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Dolphins, Bucs, Bills,   and Texans,   I could definitely see being interested.     Dolphins could trade Drake as part ,  Bucs could trade Ronald Jones as part,   Bills can release McCoy and save cap space, and Texans could release Miller and save cap space.   Imagine having Watson,  Hopkins, and Zeke.   Age 23. 27. amd 24.

Broncos could offer up Lindsay who Jones might find at a more reasonable price. McCoy will seemingly almost certainly be cut by next season.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, plan9misfit said:

Trent Richardson was selected 3rd overall in 2012 and Todd Gurley was selected 10th overall in 2015. Just saying.

Trent Richardson was never viewed as a top 10 talent by any sane member in this forum. Todd Gurley was absolutely worth the pick and has delivered his value for the Rams.

The point of us picking Zeke for us is it just fit us and what we wanted to do as an offense and team identity. Zeke and Dak are the face of our franchise. Its a duo

On 7/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, Matts4313 said:

We went from a 4th rounder (murray) being the leading leader to...

A castoff in Run DMC being a 1k yard rusher in ~12 games starting to....

Zeke being the rushing leader to...

Alfred Morris being a 4.5 YPC/nearly 100 yards a game rusher

Silly. Rush game has an extremely low correlation to winning.

Also silly. Zeke hovers around league average for teams stacking the box against him. Teams dont try harder to stop Zeke than any other "legit" RB.

Did you read the article? Zeke is mediocre in situational football. And teams are already coming after Dak. 

No he isnt. 

You better hope we nail an all around bell cow in the 4th round again or else we are just throwing away seasons after trading Zeke.

Why are we trying to be like all the mediocre run game teams in the NFL that can't produce on the ground consistently like we can.

Theres so many other areas we need to improve yet you want to trade away our greatest safety net for success. Our run game.

Our RB by committee was also the reason for the missed block on Tony Romo that ended his season by yours truly Joseph Randle.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas