Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know.

Randall played well last year. 4 Picks. 9 PBUs

I wish I could give you Kizer's Turnover/TD ratio from last year, but I can't divide by zero. Almost 3:1 as a rook though, which is a truly amazing record of futility. 

And we started Brice :/

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know.

Randall played well last year. 4 Picks. 9 PBUs

I wish I could give you Kizer's Turnover/TD ratio from last year, but I can't divide by zero. Almost 3:1 as a rook though, which is a truly amazing record of futility. 

He can't tackle worth a damn, he's soft. I'm good with what we have now. Sure he can cover and get you a few picks, but he'll never be dependable.

Kizer played on the worst team in NFL history and then played 2 games without practice reps where Rodgers was the starter. Remember Hundley's turnover fest in Minny after Rodgers went down? That's not a fair assessment of a QB. Also everyone had quit in that Detroit game around him.

Look at Oakland, freaking Nathan Peterman is battling for a backup spot. Blake Bortles is a backup QB, the Jags replacement backup is Gardner Minshew.

For someone who's usually pretty on the ball about the quality of the league you have a really unrealistic expectation of a backup QB. They aren't starting QBs for a reason....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I would take Boyle of that trashbag any day who cares. Why people still talk about this guy in the NFL.

Because he can play.

There's way worse people in the NFL than Kaepernick. He's not malevolent. He's your average community college protester given a massive platform for reasons that I'm too cynical to get into. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He can't tackle worth a damn, he's soft. I'm good with what we have now. Sure he can cover and get you a few picks, but he'll never be dependable.

Kizer played on the worst team in NFL history and then played 2 games without practice reps where Rodgers was the starter. Remember Hundley's turnover fest in Minny after Rodgers went down? That's not a fair assessment of a QB. Also everyone had quit in that Detroit game around him.

Look at Oakland, freaking Nathan Peterman is battling for a backup spot. Blake Bortles is a backup QB, the Jags replacement backup is Gardner Minshew.

For someone who's usually pretty on the ball about the quality of the league you have a really unrealistic expectation of a backup QB. They aren't starting QBs for a reason....

I'd love to see Randall's PFF tackling efficiency last year. He had stretch last year I saw where he hadn't missed any in a while.

Peterman isn't actually going to beat out Glennon.

Bortles isn't a poor backup. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't need him to be Blake Bortles, I need him to get his turnover rate down to the very low bar that Bortles sets. He turns the ball over so much that it kills the team. You can make do with punting every other series and playing the field position game. Hell, we did it with Rodgers last year. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't need him to be Blake Bortles, I need him to get his turnover rate down to the very low bar that Bortles sets. He turns the ball over so much that it kills the team. You can make do with punting every other series and playing the field position game. Hell, we did it with Rodgers last year. 

We haven't seen him start a game as a Packer, I'm not using his Browns turnover rate to tell me what his Packers turnover rate would be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Forgive me fuss but his protest got cops shot, he wore pig socks, a castro shirt and when the time came to vote he was to busy hmmm protesting. The manner in which he protested and his ignorance is the issue. Jenkins in Philly has done more good and more work than this clown has ever done. It's not worth the long argument and such he is getting exactly what he deserves.

Snopes says he did wear pig socks. So? I've already said I don't agree with his form of protest. I can find nothing confirming that his protest got cops shot. Source?

If he's an upgrade at QB, bring him in with a clause in his contract that voids it if he becomes a political nuisance. I'm sure there are all kinds of political views in a pro sports locker room. Right wing and left wing. Would you have boycotted all black athletes who joined the black Muslim movement? Lew Alcindor became Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Cassius Clay became Muhammed Ali. And on and on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bortles isn't a poor backup

he's not even THAT bad of a starter.  I mean, he was bad, but not like all-time comically bad like Craig Krenzel or something

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We haven't seen him start a game as a Packer, I'm not using his Browns turnover rate to tell me what his Packers turnover rate would be.

yes we did, week 17. 2 picks, 0 points.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He didn't "start" so his int rate over his browns season going up doesn't count. If Rodgers gets hurt mid game, he can fill in however he wants, doesn't count, he didn't start.