Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

8 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

The Eagles, now shutcho mouf. 

Not saying we need someone starting caliber, that was someone else's perspective I was giving one possible explanation for, but I *would* like someone I could feel comfortable having a bit more confidence in. As it stands I feel depth is little better than shaky at best.

Pretty sure most teams feel the same way though. That’s all I’m saying. 

Ryan Wood:  Asked Gutekunst how he evaluates tackling, obviously important part of defense, given realities of CBA. Says it's based on past history, but also progression through preseason. Opener often sloppy: "If those issues stay the same in Game 2, 3 and 4, maybe it's more of a problem."

16 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Pretty sure most teams feel the same way though. That’s all I’m saying. 

Most teams don't have a guy they feel comfortable with for a 3 game stretch? I'd reckon it's more than you think. Maybe ~8 teams by my guess.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:  Asked Gutekunst how he evaluates tackling, obviously important part of defense, given realities of CBA. Says it's based on past history, but also progression through preseason. Opener often sloppy: "If those issues stay the same in Game 2, 3 and 4, maybe it's more of a problem."

This is probably why the coaches were pretty high on Summers' performance. He missed a lot of tackles, but when he missed, it was usually just the player spinning out of the tackle. Looked sloppy, but...

Just now, Joe said:

This is probably why the coaches were pretty high on Summers' performance. He missed a lot of tackles, but when he missed, it was usually just the player spinning out of the tackle. Looked sloppy, but...

Yeah, they can work on teaching the tackling technique. If he's getting it mentally this early thats a good sign. 

• Like 1