Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I hope the guy with the injured pup gets better. Where is the pup anyway? I'm thinking that if the calf is in the lower leg, the pup must be in the forearm. 

It stands for "Physically Unable to Perform", and I haven't the slightest idea why with regard to Roberts.

Had enough time to visit TC today between work... will post my thoughts later when I actually have enough time to throw together something substantial/coherent... Feel free to AMA 

The standout player today on offense will surprise ya'll---it definitely surprised me. 

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/31/packers-camp-notes-rookie-cb-kadar-hollman-impressing-early/

Rookie cornerback Ka’dar Hollman has been one of the early surprises of Green Bay Packers training camp through the first six practices. The Packers have been especially impressed with Hollman’s ability to consistently challenge receivers at the line of scrimmage.

“Ka’dar’s done a nice job,” coach Matt LaFleur said after practice Wednesday. “He challenges our receivers each and every day. He’s not afraid to get up there and bump ’em. So he’s made some nice plays. Again, a young player. It’ll be interesting to once we get to real, live game situations and see how he responds, but I’m excited about him.”

baaf9bb4-3771-4339-94f7-810a5e33673a-GPG

Crazy Tony may be in trouble if this kid continues to impress.

30 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Crazy Tony may be in trouble if this kid continues to impress.

Well if King gets hurt like usually and Josh Jackson struggles; I wouldn't be surprised at some point in the season we see Crazy Tony and Hollman on the outsides with Alexander in the slot. 

2 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Had enough time to visit TC today between work... will post my thoughts later when I actually have enough time to throw together something substantial/coherent... Feel free to AMA 

The standout player today on offense will surprise ya'll---it definitely surprised me. 

I was there too. I was down on the end where all of the team drills were run. I watched MVS a lot. He’s extremely fast and quick. Looks to play faster than anyone else. He’s getting overlooked cuz he’s alwaus with first team and the first team plays usually have Adams or Graham as top target. And the slot guy gets some too. But he’s showing his talent for sure if you take the time to watch him, and I did. 

Trevor Davis looks good. EQ too. Allison made a great leaping catch over a corner. 

King, Alexander and Hollman all sticky in coverage. Those guys are playing really well. 

Fackrell really grew into his body. He looks really good. King looks thicker too. Looks really good. 

I had Adams/Clark/Lowry all right in front of me. They looked so fit and imposing. NFL bodies and work ethic for sure

graham always looks good to me. Big and still the fastest TE we have

preston in his picture looks soft, but in real life he’s imposing. Him, Z and Gary AND Fackrell are all ridiculously strong and well conditioned for their size!

To me, from my seat; MVS’s superior athleticism stood out most. 

Moore made a bunch of plays too, but he just seems to be jittery and unsure compared to MVS, who makes freakish athleticism look easy.

Same way Packers got some of Woodson’s best years at age 34, 35, 36 because they put him inside to use his savvy instead of outside to use his declining speed, Williams is gonna be great inside using his savvy!

I agree with Bakh. MVS is our dude. I’ve gone to two practices. He’s stood out with his speed, quickness, route running and with his professionalism and the way he carries himself. He’s a confident, quality dude who’s dialed in.

1 hour ago, boratt said:

Moore made a bunch of plays too, but he just seems to be jittery and unsure compared to MVS, who makes freakish athleticism look easy.

Perhaps he's suffering from "on the bubble" jitters. Totally shooting from the hip here, but hope he has some early successes that'll bolster his confidence cause I think he's got the tools to makes some plays for us.

Archived