Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

6 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

As stated by a couple in here before, it's not fair to judge a rookie in his first year. But I think Sternberger will be one of those players I will always have to make myself hold back the "I told ya so" saying. Wasn't a fan of his then and still am not. 

I'm pretty happy with how our draft turned out but here I am wondering how guys like Khalen Saunders, Chase Winovich, Chauncey GJ, Hakeem Butler would look in green & gold. 

As mentioned, we will know much more next year.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I will bet that he will always look the most impressive.  

Fair, but he definitely took a step forward from last year. 

WRs that appeared to have gained positive weight/improved their body composition: Allison, Davis, St. Brown.

WR that appeared to have lost weight in an effort to increase his explosiveness: Adams 

WR that appears to have either stayed the same or lost a few lbs from the previous season: MVS

WRs that appear to look the same as last year: Moore (w/ the James Jones hoodie), Kumerow

Based on practice I think you can break the WR position down like this: 

WR1: Davante Adams 

WR2: Geronimo Allison 

WR3: Marquez Valdes-Scantling 

WR4: COMPETITION --> between Trevor Davis and Equanimeous St. Brown

WR6: COMPETITION --> between J'Mon Moore and Jake Kumerow 

The top 5 are virtual locks based on what I saw and other TC reports. Moore and Kumerow are competing for that sixth WR position and I think if both maintain the status quo Moore will be the one to make the team (if they keep that many). If J'Mon plays himself out of a job, it will be Jake Kumerow or they'll only keep 5 WRs--- at least that's my general feel. 

6 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I updated all of the position groups from yesterday's practice for anyone interested (it's at the top of the previous page). 

Sorry I couldn't give a 90 man report, but I only have two eyeballs. 

Great work on your comprehensive TC report, Cadmus, and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.  Two quick impressions - I'm really hoping Amos finds his rhythm with the defense.  His somewhat quiet start is something to continue keeping an eye on.  Secondly, I'm not worried about Jace's start, nor do I feel we need him to be a major contributor this year.  He needs time to develop his body, and between Graham, Lewis, and Tonyan, we should be ok this season barring injuries.  Thanks again!

Just now, Cadmus said:

The top 5 are virtual locks based on what I saw and other TC reports. Moore and Kumerow are competing for that sixth WR position and I think if both maintain the status quo Moore will be the one to make the team (if they keep that many). If J'Mon plays himself out of a job, it will be Jake Kumerow or they'll only keep 5 WRs--- at least that's my general feel. 

It would be the dumbest thing in history to keep tREVOr dAVIS YOU Must be stupid

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Alright, sorry it took so much time to update y'all, but it's been a long day. 

Let's go by position group: ....

That was a pretty awesome report writeup, cad.  Thanks very, very much.  

Much appreciated for the in-depth breakdown @Cadmus, that's a hell of an in-depth effort.  And to everyone who gives breakdowns of Training Camp, cheers to you all.

Glad to hear King is moving well and looks to be on course.  If he can just keep that body together the Pack should have a very strong pair of corners, and running against this defense will be crazy difficult.  Watching King and Alexander play the run is just a gift, I love corners that can come up, shed a block and drop a guy in the open field.

Also glad to hear Allison is tearing it up.  I understand why we all want the younger guys to pass him up, they have the truly rare skill sets, but I've always felt Allison doesn't get the rep he deserves.  I mean, he hasn't been healthy so I get it, I just think he's a legit WR2 in this league.  

It does sound like at the very least this should be a pretty deep and productive WR corps; they can go six deep with guys you feel OK being on the field.  

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It would be the dumbest thing in history to keep tREVOr dAVIS YOU Must be stupid

I'm with you. Davis is in a contract year and I don't see Gute bidding for his services next year. I rather have Corey Grant for that ST and gadget player spot. Might as well keep a guy who can be in your future. Same can be said for G-MO, hes gonna get more money in FA than we are willing to pay. If it comes down to him and Kummerow might as well keep Kum instead.

5 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I'm with you. Davis is in a contract year and I don't see Gute bidding for his services next year. I rather have Corey Grant for that ST and gadget player spot. Might as well keep a guy who can be in your future. Same can be said for G-MO, hes gonna get more money in FA than we are willing to pay. If it comes down to him and Kummerow might as well keep Kum instead.

OP is trolling...

Funny how OTA's and one week of camp, less in pads, can reshape perspectives. 

Davis is now a lock, and seems a very real candidate to get snaps.  Tonyan is now a lock, and may get some snaps.  Greene is now a lock.  Hollman now seems to have really shifted from "late-round-who-knows?" to a very strong roster probable.  

ADams is now locked-in as a starter. 

Lots of shifts in perception, I think.  Mostly for the better. 

Archived