Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Unreal!

Mr. keyboard tough guy calling an NFL player a "puss"... Obscene.

Well, its a good thing he said it over the internet and not in person. King would likely pull his hammy trying to engage that fight. If anything he did him a favor.

12 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

When I saw him interviewed right after he was drafted, my first thought was, this guy is too skinny. He's gonna get snapped like a twig. I call him Twiggy. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how his thin frame is going to take the pounding. So far it hasn't.

How the hell would adding weight help his hamstring health out?? This wasn't a contact injury, it's a muscle injury.

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How the hell would adding weight help his hamstring health out?? This wasn't a contact injury, it's a muscle injury.

It wouldn't. But overall, guys with thin frames don't seem to last long. Hell has nothing to do with it. It's more a matter of physics. According to Isaac Newton, when two objects collide, both objects absorb the same amount of energy from the collision. Therefore the object with less mass suffers more. Imagine a semi running head on into a VW Beetle. They will both absorb the same amount of energy from the collision, but the VW will suffer the most because it has less mass to distribute the energy into. There was a reason Twiggy fell into the second round, even though he has superior coverage skills. I suspect a lot of GMs looked at his thin frame and his injured shoulder and decided to pass. TT took a calculated risk at a high value position, and a position of high need for the Packers at the time. So far the risk hasn't paid off. The hamstring injury could happen to anyone, but it just compounds the original risk factor. 

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

King hasn't even missed any real time yet.  Let's slow down on the obituaries.

Yeah. You are right. He has not missed any time this season. But it is unfair to dismiss health concerns for a player who has played only 15 games over 2 seasons. really hoping he can play 12+ games this season. I will take that as a W.

Regarding King...

...it's camp.  No big deal.  If it feels tight, sit him down.  Let him take mental reps.  No need aggravating it.

Don't push the panic button over camp.  I get it, very much, as he's shown to be injury prone.  But to me, this is no big deal.

Remember when Clay was this way?  Didn't have many issues the last couple of years.  King just needs to find the right way to take care of his body.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

King hasn't even missed any real time yet.  Let's slow down on the obituaries.

Past performance when he's been on the field is great … the lack of games he's played in though is concerning.  He's not soft as a player; he's darn injury prone.  I'm reserving thoughts on him being able to help  until "real" game time.   One can hope he's ready to go … if not, just another disappointing chapter in this draft choice.  

Archived