Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

3 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Does this forum still hate Allison or have most come around on him? Really looking forward to seeing if he can build off how he was playing early last year before his injury. If he he does, 1000 yards and 7-10ish TDs doesn’t seem out of reach. 

I still hate him.  (...usually my hatred results in a good year, so I'm sticking with it!)

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

This looks like the same Rodgers to me - dance around a while in the pocket and make a last second throw to DA in the flat for 5-10.  

Looks different to me.  First...he's under center.  Second, he stays within the tackles.  

To me, just taking a snap from under center and not trying to get outside the tackle is a "win" at this point and time.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Looks different to me.  First...he's under center.  Second, he stays within the tackles.  

To me, just taking a snap from under center and not trying to get outside the tackle is a "win" at this point and time.

Ok, I can see what you're talking about.  What I'm seeing is outstanding blocking up front, giving Rodgers time to make several reads, extending the play (per usual) until it's bail out time.  This works when you get consistent excellent blocking up front, which can't happen all of the time.  Rodgers needs to be decisive and get rid of the ball.  Trying to extend every single pass play will get him killed, along with our season.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I tell you this, I 100% believe he's not "trash".

In a little more detail, I see him as an excellent 3rd year prospect. As a rookie, he didn't look like he deserved to be on a 90 man roster before he hurt his foot. By the end of his 2nd season, he looked like a good, disruptive NFL D-linemen. Top it off with his excellent off season, he's poised to breakout his 3rd year.

With that being said, over the years, I've noticed a trend that you begrudgingly acknowledge player development of players you labeled as "trash". I remember you doing it with Bakhtiari,  Martinez, Lowry,  Fackrell and now Adams (I imagine you'll be giving Gary this treatment, too). And, I sure I missed some other ones, too...  This seems odd to me. I know you put in time following these things. So, I don't understand why it pisses you off when Packer players develop.

Back on Adams, I see a developmental curve resembling Daniels... Daniels was a 4-yr guy at Iowa, Adams a 3-yr guy at Auburn. Because Adams' rookie season was in essence a redshirt year for him, I'm comparing Adams 2nd season with the Packers to Daniels rookie season; this evens out their age. 

Now, I do understand they're different players. Daniels is bull dog; Adams is a late bloomer with an actual better skillset. Like I mentioned, I just see their developmental curve being similar with Adams' 2nd season comparing to Daniels rookie season. Daniels broke out his 2nd season. We'll see if Adams breaks out his 3rd season... I think he will.

I never called Bakhtiari trash.

I didn't love Martinez the prospect, but I've been fine with him since his rookie year.

Are we sure Lowry is good?

Are we sure Fackrell isn't trash?

Are we sure Adams is even average?

I have never called Gary trash. 

Mike Daniels had an almost elite pressure production/snap as a rookie. Even with Adams good late year run, he didn't show any similarities to that.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

This looks like the same Rodgers to me - dance around a while in the pocket and make a last second throw to DA in the flat for 5-10.  

I sure hope this is not the case and he is throwing to everyone. If he does this again this year it is on him and will really hurt. He has not been the same since he stopped tossing it to everyone and using the entire field. He really needs to watch the older tape of himself and see where is success really was.

5 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

If anyone wants a good, cringy, shake your head laugh, go look in the Packers thread in the Bears subforum. 

*for a heads up, you will most likely lose some brain cells. 

How is that any different than some of the idiots in here?

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

At least we have knowledgeable posters on here.

Over there, it's just the same few people scouring the Internet and copy / pasting anything negative and wondering why AR looks so old.

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Well, for starters, we don't have a designated thread for the Chicago Bears with a bunch of bias quotes, low IQ/unprofessional article links, and ignorant comments from unknowledgable posters. 

Perhaps we should make one though...?

Archived