Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Just now, Leader said:

Only hedge I'd offer to this is Sternberger has done next to nothing so far - so you must be counting on Vitale supplementing Graham/Tonyan with the starters gun begins.

Vitale is going to be increasingly important to our offence if we cut Lewis. We going to need him to block whilst the TEs run their routes. It's possible we will keep 2 full backs but I don't see that happening at all.

Just now, Chili said:

Vitale is going to be increasingly important to our offence if we cut Lewis. We going to need him to block whilst the TEs run their routes. It's possible we will keep 2 full backs but I don't see that happening at all.

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I read this. One of the things I don't like about LaFleur is his love of the fullback. I thought we finally eliminated that useless position once and for all. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

3rd round pick, he's making the 53! You can count on that short of injury. 

I know....plus I drafted him in round three of the way too many mock drafts I put myself through to cut the guy. No - my comment referred to when the regular season comes around. Plans for Sternberger to get any meaningful minutes have to be tempered a bit in so much as he's not been part of much yet.....or much that I can tell at least.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I know....plus I drafted him in round three of the way too many mock drafts I put myself through to cut the guy. No - my comment referred to when the regular season comes around. Plans for Sternberger to get any meaningful minutes have to be tempered a bit in so much as he's not been part of much yet.....or much that I can tell at least.

Yeah, but injuries occur and guys who you don't think are ready are going to have to be ready. I don't see him being any worse than Lewis whose a total liability. 

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

You mean you meant to say: "I see no way we're keeping two full backs?" :)

Just now, Golfman said:

Yeah, but injuries occur and guys who you don't think are ready are going to have to be ready. I don't see him being any worse than Lewis whose a total liability. 

Could be. I'm certainly not ragging on the guy (no less cutting him....tsk, tsk....to think such a thing!) - just that I've not seen (nor heard or read) of him doing much of anything yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Not when EQ and ESB are far quicker to type.

And when 99.9999999999999999999% of people use them.

EQ it is for me....until (and if) he hits his stride and becomes The EQ :)

Edited by Leader