The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Don't even joke about that.

I wish I were joking lol. I could totally see 1 time through the lineup for Lyles, 1 time for Peralta (they have a combined like 1.9 ERA in over 20 inning vs COL this year and a crap ton of strikeouts). That should get you 5 or so innings through and evaluate where you are from there. Close game, start pitching Soria/Knebel/Hader, big lead, keep pitching Peralta or go to Burnes/Woodruff.

Interesting...but it starts to make sense the more you look at it:

• No lefties, but as you've said @Packerraymond there isn't a great matchup for LOOGYs in this series since Blackmon hits everything. Slightly less power against lefties, but that might just be noise
  • Chacin, Miley, Gonzalez are starting, with bullpen day as the 4th starter. Some combination of Burnes, Woodruff, Guerra, and Peralta.
  • I think our roster was made with a big eye on those games in Coors. We need guys who don't rely on the breaking stuff, which is why we went with Freddy Peralta (78% FB), Junior Guerra (69% FB), and Brandon Woodruff (64%) over Zach Davies (57%) and Chase Anderson (53%).
  • The infield is pretty much what we expected. Domingo Santana as a PH over Thames was an easy call. 
  • It pretty much comes down to do you want a LOOGY or do you want the pinch running and defense of Broxton for the 25th spot.

It's weird, but I think I like this roster makeup.