The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Did we skip Miley because he's a ground ball pitcher and we wanted him at Coors? It just makes no sense to me why he isn't going today, bullpen day tomorrow (with a day off so everyone could be available Sunday) then Chacin on normal rest.

Now we have bullpen guys who won't be available tomorrow, Chacin on short rest and the potential for Miley to be rusty because he's on extra rest. I love that we're rolling with a bullpen day, it just makes absolutely no sense to me that it isn't for game 2.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did we skip Miley because he's a ground ball pitcher and we wanted him at Coors? It just makes no sense to me why he isn't going today, bullpen day tomorrow (with a day off so everyone could be available Sunday) then Chacin on normal rest.

Now we have bullpen guys who won't be available tomorrow, Chacin on short rest and the potential for Miley to be rusty because he's on extra rest. I love that we're rolling with a bullpen day, it just makes absolutely no sense to me that it isn't for game 2.

Chacin's reliance on the slider means he's gotta be in Milwaukee for Games 2 and 5. That makes sense to me.

I don't know why we didn't go Miley game 1, bullpen day game 3.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Another theory I've seen is that Gio and Miley are the LOOGY's and Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta will rotate in spot starts because the Rockies bat like over 30 points higher vs lefties than righties this season.

That makes sense. It explains why Miley isn't starting in Game 1.

Any chance Counsell just revolutionized the NL?

All bull pen pitchers who can probably all pitch 3 days a week, always have a PH or let a pitcher bunt.

Positives? Bullpen pitchers are dirt cheap by comparison, never have a pitcher have an important at bat other than a sac bunt otherwise maybe some garbage innings. If you put most of your starting pitching $$ in some bull pen guys, should easily be able to afford multiple all star level guys.  Guys don’t get to see the same pitcher 2-3 times trough, new guy up each time.  With double switch possibilities, should be easy to have many pitchers get through 2 innings.

Downside? Will never have Cy Young. Could maybe run out of players in some games, but typically 4 starting pitchers not eligible under the traditional method.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A fundamental flaw of baseball, you can't score on defense. Anytime we got to extras I can barely watch us pitch, add into the fact it was the postseason this time my stomach was in so many knots I could barely enjoy the walkoff ha. Someone needs to invent baseball version of the pick 6.

Yeah I forgot that having a team in the playoffs blows.

Trade Yelich and let's jump start this rebuild.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How many games a year do you guys follow live (tv, radio, gamecenter)?

I reckon I was easily over 100 this year.

Most of them, actually. I've missed like 10 games this year totally. If we're including following it on gamecenter than it's definitely around 90% of the games I've followed. I spent a lot of time at home this summer due to work injuries lol.