The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

We shouldn't be thinking about next year, but the more we do well here, the more I'm wondering if we go and get deGrom.

Hiura, Burnes, Lutz, another piece. That's probably not enough, but whatever. The idea of having deGrom, Nelson, Chacin at the front with Anderson/Davies/Woodruff/Guerra for depth, then taking our crazy bullpen and adding Freddy Peralta to it is just bananas. Bring in some free agents or re-sign Moustakas to get the middle infield under control, but that's a 100 win type team.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We shouldn't be thinking about next year, but the more we do well here, the more I'm wondering if we go and get deGrom.

Hiura, Burnes, Lutz, another piece. That's probably not enough, but whatever. The idea of having deGrom, Nelson, Chacin at the front with Anderson/Davies/Woodruff/Guerra for depth, then taking our crazy bullpen and adding Freddy Peralta to it is just bananas. Bring in some free agents or re-sign Moustakas to get the middle infield under control, but that's a 100 win type team.

Weren't you adamantly against that at the deadline though? Trading Hiura and Burnes, that is...

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Weren't you adamantly against that at the deadline though? Trading Hiura and Burnes, that is...

Yeah, hence:

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

the more we do well here, the more I'm wondering if we go and get deGrom

If this is an NLCS, 95 win team next year before that type of move, maybe we try and be the best team in baseball.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah, hence:

If this is an NLCS, 95 win team next year before that type of move, maybe we try and be the best team in baseball.

I mean, I can see that being the plan and why we went and got Schoop and Moose. I wonder if we could convince Moose to take a 3/45 type deal? That's basically his option but gives him a contract during our (hopeful) entire window. Schoop is insurance should Shaw/Moose get hurt. 

I dunno though. Burnes is growing on me. I guess I wouldn't be mad though due to the fact that we'd get a dominant front line starter for the first time since Greinke. All I know is 1) I'm excited to see where the rest of this season leads us and 2) I'm extremely excited to see what the God, David Stearns, will do this winter.

59 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I can see that being the plan and why we went and got Schoop and Moose. I wonder if we could convince Moose to take a 3/45 type deal? That's basically his option but gives him a contract during our (hopeful) entire window. Schoop is insurance should Shaw/Moose get hurt. 

I dunno though. Burnes is growing on me. I guess I wouldn't be mad though due to the fact that we'd get a dominant front line starter for the first time since Greinke. All I know is 1) I'm excited to see where the rest of this season leads us and 2) I'm extremely excited to see what the God, David Stearns, will do this winter.

Yeah Stearns has the midas touch and I'm not second guessing anything at this point, but I'm really wondering if we don't push the chips in for 2019.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:05 PM, incognito_man said:

How many games a year do you guys follow live (tv, radio, gamecenter)?

I reckon I was easily over 100 this year.

Brewers aren't my team, but I like them and root for them, so I read this thread. I don't think I've ever seen you post in this thread. I always tell people, though, the more the merrier when it comes to fans, even if they are bandwagon jumpers. 

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Brewers aren't my team, but I like them and root for them, so I read this thread. I don't think I've ever seen you post in this thread. I always tell people, though, the more the merrier when it comes to fans, even if they are bandwagon jumpers. 

I'm glad you follow me so closely on here. I rarely post in the baseball forum, but I've been listening to Uecker every summer since before you could read.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm glad you follow me so closely on here. I rarely post in the baseball forum, but I've been listening to Uecker every summer since before you could read.

Just saying I think it's great, though very convenient, for fans to start following a team once the playoffs start and they wanna be part of all the excitement. The more the merrier. 

55 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Agreed on bandwagon fan aspect. Need all we can get. 

Same with bucks 

9 hours ago, Slinky said:

I'll gladly admit I'm a warm weather Brewers fan, that has nothing to do with the Brewers just the fact that baseball isn't my favorite thing, but I love WI teams. I have gotten better at following the Brewers and Bucks though. Normally I wouldn't have cared during this rebuild but finally having a guy like Stearns who I genuinely believed would use the losses to create a stacked team helped.

I think the problem I have with baseball is the 162 games. Football is my far and away #1 sport and the 16 regular season games and the importance you feel going into each and every one of them is so hard to replicate with the MLB and NBA.

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll gladly admit I'm a warm weather Brewers fan, that has nothing to do with the Brewers just the fact that baseball isn't my favorite thing, but I love WI teams. I have gotten better at following the Brewers and Bucks though. Normally I wouldn't have cared during this rebuild but finally having a guy like Stearns who I genuinely believed would use the losses to create a stacked team helped.

I think the problem I have with baseball is the 162 games. Football is my far and away #1 sport and the 16 regular season games and the importance you feel going into each and every one of them is so hard to replicate with the MLB and NBA.

I hear you on the NFL. Every single game is important.

15 hours ago, Slinky said:

Just saying I think it's great, though very convenient, for fans to start following a team once the playoffs start and they wanna be part of all the excitement. The more the merrier. 

We have the smallest market size in the MLB, and as a guy who follows most of the games here and posts here all the time, I can safely say the "true fan" gatekeeping horse crap should go somewhere else.

22 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Of course the thing to like about MLB is if you lose a couple of games your season isn't toast like it can be in football - especially college football.  In the NBA you have to be really dreadful not to make the post season.