The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

That $40+ Million OF is borderline worthless right now

JBJ was a stupid waste of money. Ego signing by Attanasio. "I didn't get Turner so go get me the next biggest name" and it was a **** hole of a hitter. 

I like JBJ's defense.  With Yelich out we needed him out there.  And we all knew he was a streaky hitter.  However, $40 M was a tad steep. 

5 hours ago, packerbacker87 said:

A little birdie told me Dee and Hiura are coming up 

Would be a mistake to bring Hiura back up already. His BABIP is stupid high but his K rate is still almost 35% which means we fixed absolutely nothing about his swing/approach. He needs to drop the K rate substantially before I'd even consider it.

Bringing Hiura back up just because he had a damn near .700 BABIP made no damn sense. Dude still struck out a **** ton and nothing changed with his approach. He's now worse than JBJ at the dish.

Jackie Bradley Jr
.154/.216/.276, 32.2% K%, 4.1% BB%, .220 wOBA, .122 ISO, 37 wRC+

Keston Hiura
.137/.234/.232, 38.0% K%, 7.4% BB%, .218 wOBA, .095 ISO, 35 wRC+

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bringing Hiura back up just because he had a damn near .700 BABIP made no damn sense. Dude still struck out a **** ton and nothing changed with his approach. He's now worse than JBJ at the dish.

Jackie Bradley Jr
.154/.216/.276, 32.2% K%, 4.1% BB%, .220 wOBA, .122 ISO, 37 wRC+

Keston Hiura
.137/.234/.232, 38.0% K%, 7.4% BB%, .218 wOBA, .095 ISO, 35 wRC+

At least JBJ is great defensively.  I have a fear we've seen the best of Hiura.  What a waste...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

How the hell can you guys turn Jimmy Nelson (pre-injury), Brandon Woodruff, and Corbin Burnes into aces, but turn around and completely break an elite collegiate hitter like Keston Hiura?  

Considering we couldn't trip and fall 10 years ago without finding some scrub we could turn into a 3 WAR position player, yeah it's irritating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

How the hell can you guys turn Jimmy Nelson (pre-injury), Brandon Woodruff, and Corbin Burnes into aces, but turn around and completely break an elite collegiate hitter like Keston Hiura?  

Because we hired someone from the Cubs hitting staff!!!

16 SB already. Looking like our leadoff hitter of the future. He's all speed/contact but he should play a really good 2B.

EDIT - Make it 17 SB. 4 tonight.

EDIT #2 - Make it 19. He stole 6 tonight.

Edited by beekay414