The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LOL I wondered what the hell happened to that. Thought someone sniped that **** off my porch or something.

Honestly, football is probably my least favorite sport. Though it's hard to say. The Packers have drained my enthusiasm for the sport the last decade but, ask me in 2011, and it's probably at or near the top. Nothing will ever surpass hockey tho. Best sport on the planet.

I wish I had a local pro hockey team to support. I'd probably be all over that. Played it a lot on the lake near my house growing up, but never got into watching it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I wish I had a local pro hockey team to support. I'd probably be all over that. Played it a lot on the lake near my house growing up, but never got into watching it.

Yeah, I'm a gigantic New Jersey Devils fan (even have a tattoo), so I follow hockey super closely. Benefit of not being born in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Also, if they sign, we may have flat out stolen Roc Riggio, Caden Vire and Jace Avina. I also really like the Ryne Moore pick. He's a bulldog on the mound so I'd expect him to be a big leaguer at some point. Nothing more than a #5, at best, but a big leaguer nonetheless. Getting that from an 18th round senior sign is a steal in it's own right. I do not expect Will Rogers or Carter Holton to sign. Not sure on the Nicasia or Low picks.

After the Frelick pick annoyed me, the rest of the draft made me happy in my nether regions.

I'll optimistically say I think 3 of those will sign. I think if Riggio falls through, they will go hard after 1 of Holton/Rogers. 

5 hours ago, umphrey said:

I'll optimistically say I think 3 of those will sign. I think if Riggio falls through, they will go hard after 1 of Holton/Rogers. 

It'd probably be Holton because he put an actual number out there. I think Rogers is dead set on going to Arizona State at this point.

19 hours ago, titanrick said:

As long as the Royals don't make the WS, we will have a decent shot!

Honestly, why do we have problems with this particular team?   We made them look like world beaters and they have the 4th worst record in all of baseball.  If play that sloppy against the White Sox it could get ugly.  😒

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

Honestly, why do we have problems with this particular team?   We made them look like world beaters and they have the 4th worst record in all of baseball.  If play that sloppy against the White Sox it could get ugly.  😒

I'll chalk it up to a small sample size (4 games) but yeah, it's frustrating losing them all to a bottom-5 team.  Thankfully, we've been beating up on the NL Central and other bad teams so we've built a little cushion for error.