The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

On 4/24/2021 at 2:07 PM, beekay414 said:

We're just now getting an MRI on Yeli's back? WTF are we even doing? Why do we have such a hard time, in this organization, dealing with bad backs? Ruined Ryan Braun due to this kind of bullcrap.

At least it appears there is no structural issues shown on the MRI so there's that...

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

what's the outlook for this 2021 team? I haven't followed this offseason.

NL contender?

Central contender?

fade into obscurity this summer?

Depends on if the pitching stays consistently good. If Woodruff & Burnes keep being what they have been with Hader, Williams, & Feyereisen manning the 7, 8, and 9th they can be a NL contender with average or a little above average offense. 

If the pitching stays consistent they are for sure the best in the central. 

• Like 1

I actually think this team has some of the best World Series potential I’ve seen in a Brewers team in some time.  If it’s a 3-4 man pitching rotation in the playoffs, we can match up with anyone, including Dodgers/Padres.  Especially considering bullpen.   The offense kind of stinks but I feel that can get better just with Yelich and it’s more easily fixed at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, umphrey said:

I actually think this team has some of the best World Series potential I’ve seen in a Brewers team in some time.  If it’s a 3-4 man pitching rotation in the playoffs, we can match up with anyone, including Dodgers/Padres.  Especially considering bullpen.   The offense kind of stinks but I feel that can get better just with Yelich and it’s more easily fixed at the trade deadline.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I agree.  Imagining a seven game series with Woodruff-Burnes-Peralta and that bullpen healthy and clicking is really fun to think about.