Mike Daniels released

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I get about a quarter of my likes by telling people how wrong they are about what movies they like.

All movies, video games, actors, politicians, songs, and athletes (that you don't like) suck.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Well, Daniels is gone.  Which one out of the three is next, Bulaga, Crosby or TWill?  Look for another surprise here.  Someone made the comment that Spriggs wouldn't be cut, couldn't find it.  My point on that is,  anyone can get cut at anytime.  Spriggs hasn't done anything to make his job safe.

Edited by jleisher
add

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

Well, Daniels is gone.  Which one out of the three is next, Bulaga, Crosby or TWill?  Look for another surprise here.  Someone made the comment that Spriggs wouldn't be cut, couldn't find it.  My point on that is,  anyone can get cut at anytime.  Spriggs hasn't done anything to make his job safe.

TWill and Crosby are possible but that depends entirely on the competition. If the young kicker proves worthy, Crosby could be gone. Do Jackson, Brown, and Holman prove capable at CB? IF so, you can cut Tramon. Also at safety you have to be somewhat comfortable with either Jamerson or Greene or one of the back up CB's to move in should Savage flounder a bit. I would say neither are likely cuts but it could happen. 

I don't see a guy who can play RT on the roster right now that we could say we are comfortable with. I don't see Bulaga getting cut, but the reality is, I don't see him holding up health wise for close to 16 games either. Therefore, Spriggs is safe unless he has an awful camp. 

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but the thing that confuses me most about the decision to cut Mike Daniels, is the Packers supposed interest in Malik Jackson earlier this spring. If it was really about the cap savings and letting the young guys get a chance, why offer Malik Jackson a deal that would have at the very least been equivalent to Daniels' deal? 

I guess they had no idea they would land the Smiths, Amos or Gary -- but it makes me question whether they had doubts about his play going forward. 

2 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but the thing that confuses me most about the decision to cut Mike Daniels, is the Packers supposed interest in Malik Jackson earlier this spring. If it was really about the cap savings and letting the young guys get a chance, why offer Malik Jackson a deal that would have at the very least been equivalent to Daniels' deal? 

I guess they had no idea they would land the Smiths, Amos or Gary -- but it makes me question whether they had doubts about his play going forward. 

Malik Jackson is 6'5 290

Mike Daniels is 6'0 300

We play a scheme that prioritizes length and Jackson could play the 3 and the 5. Whereas Daniels is really only a 3.

Based on the timing, we know this cut was planned for, for at least a month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

There's a DRASTIC difference between saving $8.3M (or whatever we saved by releasing Mike Daniels) and the ~$1M we'd save by releasing Spriggs.  If Spriggs gets released, it's because he got beat out.  Not because they're saving money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Malik Jackson is 6'5 290

Mike Daniels is 6'0 300

We play a scheme that prioritizes length and Jackson could play the 3 and the 5. Whereas Daniels is really only a 3.

Based on the timing, we know this cut was planned for, for at least a month.

Ok, I guess that makes sense. Locking up Lowry gives them a legit 5T for a few years. Keke has versiatilty between the two techs as well. 

Edited by BlondeonBlonde

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a DRASTIC difference between saving $8.3M (or whatever we saved by releasing Mike Daniels) and the ~$1M we'd save by releasing Spriggs.  If Spriggs gets released, it's because he got beat out.  Not because they're saving money.

The guy will never get it.