Mike Daniels released

Leader

Stories like this make me laugh. You mean you couldn't a find a player who said "Oh yea I wasn't surprised, I saw that move coming all along." No **** his former teammates are going to say they were surprised when asked about a player being cut...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

And they aren't at defensive line? Mike Daniels is a better football player at his position right now than Tramon is at his and it's not that close. 

We see things differently here and that’s alright. I believe the floor for the DL is a lot higher than the floor for the secondary. You can compensate, sub and scheme to minimize a lineman’s weaknesses without greatly affecting the defense. If you do that at corner you are taking away at least one safety valve of the defense. Also factoring in the percentage of plays each position can realistically be expected to impact, I will take an extra corner over a lineman.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Tramon is a bottom 5 player on this team.  Why isn't he getting No. 1 reps at S at this stage of camp? What the heck is his position?  Why is he on the team?

Could you attempt to play safety and slot corner, too?

• Like 2