Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

24 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Luke Wilson imo is an immediate upgrade over Grimble. You keep Grimble and put Gentry on the PS or cut Grimble and keep Gentry. 

Despite being a bit of a project I don’t think Gentry would make it to the PA given the TE talent league wide. He’s got some interesting things going on and has been a TE for only 3 years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Willson is an okay one..I just have a hard time wanting to send any sort of asset for him. I really don’t think there is a ton of difference...outside of just being different. 

Theres usually a theme with me, I don’t like change for the sake of change. 

I wouldn't trade for him but I do think he offers more then Grimble. I understand the issue with "switch just to switch". Grimble is soft and a lollygagger. Wilson isn't. I just think he'd be a bit better. 

Edited by Chieferific

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I wouldn't trade for him but I do think he offers more then Grimble. I understand the issue with "switch just to switch". Grimble is soft and Wilson isn't. I just think he'd be a bit better. 

Yeah I just don’t think he is a real upgrade. What you gain in toughness and blocking you lose in athletic ability. 

I think our offense changes less if we lose Vance less with Grimble than it would with Willson. Not that losing Vance wouldn’t be huge, but you can use Grimble athletically like you want to with Vance. 

I value continuity with backups, so that’s always why I wouldn’t want to do it. If talent is similar but skill set is different, I want the guy that’s been around longer.  

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Yeah I just don’t think he is a real upgrade. What you gain in toughness and blocking you lose in athletic ability. 

I think our offense changes less if we lose Vance less with Grimble than it would with Willson. Not that losing Vance wouldn’t be huge, but you can use Grimble athletically like you want to with Vance. 

I value continuity with backups, so that’s always why I wouldn’t want to do it. If talent is similar but skill set is different, I want the guy that’s been around longer.  

While I think you're underestimating Wilson's athletic ability (certainly more athletic then JJ) I can respect that. I personally feel better with Luke starting then Grimble but agree the difference is negligible.   

33 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

While I think you're underestimating Wilson's athletic ability (certainly more athletic then JJ) I can respect that. I personally feel better with Luke starting then Grimble but agree the difference is negligible.   

To be honest if you could promise me Vance never gets hurt I would probably prefer Luke over Grimble. But I’m terms of being our 1 in the event of McDonald missing time, I’d prefer X. 

53 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Despite being a bit of a project I don’t think Gentry would make it to the PA given the TE talent league wide. He’s got some interesting things going on and has been a TE for only 3 years. 

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of him when we drafted him but he seems like he could turn into at least Jesse James. Good gamble, I'd say. 

Edited by MOSteelers56

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Luke Wilson imo is an immediate upgrade over Grimble. You keep Grimble and put Gentry on the PS or cut Grimble and keep Gentry. 

as long as mcdonald stays healthy we are ok..........obviously

i do think grimble blows and i dont see gentry having any impact for a year or 2, if at all.  i only see grimble as the backup and gentry on the roster due to not addressing the position for years and really having zero competition in camp

imo, both kinda have their position out of desperation(kinda like scanning the bar at 145 and seeing what girls havent been taken home yet)...lol