Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He wasnt a #2 pick for no reason, but why didnt he look like a top5 pick in '14, '15, '16, 17, or in training camp/preseason in '18.

Jeff-Fisher%E2%80%AC%E2%80%AC-gif.gif 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He only started to look like a serviceable LT after Freddie and Baker. 

So did literally the entire rest of the offense save Nick Chubb.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He only started to look like a serviceable LT after Freddie and Baker. 

So did literally the entire rest of the offense save Nick Chubb.

im just saying it took 4.5 years for him to look serviceable. 

Robinson and Hubbard went to serviceable after that change. Bit and Zeitler looked like top 5 guards and JCT looked like a top10 center. There is a reason the G-C-G combo b/w those three were one of the best group of inside guys after the change. 

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

im just saying it took 4.5 years for him to look serviceable. 

Robinson and Hubbard went to serviceable after that change. Bit and Zeitler looked like top 5 guards and JCT looked like a top10 center. There is a reason the G-C-G combo b/w those three were one of the best group of inside guys after the change. 

Didn’t he allow ZERO sacks last season (iirc)?  That’s hardly “serviceable”.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t he allow ZERO sacks last season (iirc)?  That’s hardly “serviceable”.

How many sacks did the entire unit give up with freddie and Baker compared to Haley/Baker?Scheme helped. When he was in the Haley scheme in the preseason, he was pretty bad  

Robinson was also flagged 10x for holding.

Hubbard was only flagged 3x 

Zeitler flagged 3x

Bit flagged once

JCT flagged once

That doesn’t look good when the other 4 guys played all 16 games and Greg just played 8. 

Harrison was flagged 7x for holding for comparison. 

One of the picks Baker threw vs the Texans, Robinson got absolutely destroyed on the inside move. Baker saw it and rushed the throw and it was picked. Good thing Robinson didn’t give up the Sack. Or what about the holding call that brought back the Callaway TD in the Texans game. He doesn’t hold, Baker is prolly sacked as well either way he cost them a TD. 

Yeah Robinson gave up zero sacks but he didn’t look like the Black Joe Thomas our there. 

23 hours ago, buno67 said:

I just don’t trust him that with how bad of a bust he was, that he is now the sure franchise LT and that he has to be paid like one.

also Hughes was the 31st pick, not a 2nd overall pick. You can say Indy held him back cause he went right to Buffalo and had issues. Greg struggles with the rams, struggled with the lions, and couldn’t beat out a UDFA. I’m crediting baker and Freddie. 

My tune can change after seeing him play the whole season but after those last 8 games. He looked good but not franchise LT good. Especially to pay him to be paid like one of the top LTs. He has to prove it

If Baker, Dorsey, Kitchens and everyone else involved feel comfortable with Williams, so do I...

Bringing up the past has no bearing on the present, especially if he feels like he has a new lease on life and has focused on his technique.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If Baker, Dorsey, Kitchens and everyone else involved feel comfortable with Williams, so do I...

Bringing up the past has no bearing on the present, especially if he feels like he has a new lease on life and has focused on his technique.

I am very comfortable with williams, just not comfortable with Robinson lol

but again, Robinson wasn’t some technician last year in those last 8 games. Dude was flagged 10x for holding. That’s more than the entire rest of the offense line combined for the entire season. Yeah it’s great that he didn’t give up sacks but it’s not like he was stone walling l DEs left and right. He prolly saved himself from giving up a sack a few times by holding but also prolly got bailed out on by Baker getting rid of the ball before. 

A holding penalty can be just as harmful to a drive than a sack. Only good thing is the QB isn’t getting hit. 

Robinson has a lot to prove to be labeled as our franchise LT

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I thought that's what we got Campen for.

That is true but how many guys did Campen take and turn around? I know the Packers were known for taking low drafted guys and turning them into starters or taking a mid rd guy and turning them into a stud but I don’t remember the Packers ever signing a guy who was known as a bad player and than magically turning them around.