Training Camp 2019 - The Iconic Champion Awakens

brooks1957

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bad habits?

Y’all know people can change habits right?  Even long term habits?

I mean, maybe buno can’t...

BLASPHEMY - LGB!

We all know that the actions and thought processes you have at 21 years old won't change by the time you are 50 - LOL!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Buno - you are correct in your view of Greg Robinson. Yes, reports out of Berea are that he is doing better this camp under James Campen. I also think you were spot on about how long the bad habits have festered inside Greg's game.

But if those habits can be detoxified by coaching, Campen is your man to do so. We will be able to begin judging for ourselves on Thursday. It is a fact that Greg played better once Freddie took the reigns of the offense. The offensive coaches Freddie has hired are working as a cohesive unit (Mike Silver - you were wrong - troll somewhere else). So the one thing I am counting on is no regression, but hoping for continued growth.

The final long term answer to this scenario has good news and bad news. It lies in the 2020 NFL draft. The good news is that this is a tackle rich draft, particularly LTs. Andrew Thomas, Alaric Jackson, Trey Adams just to name a few. The bad news is, if the Browns season goes the way we hope it will, all of the premium LT prospects will be off the board by our pick.

But then again, we do have John Dorsey calling the shots. He is the man who delivered OBJ for basically the 17th pick in last year's draft.

At this moment in time, I am against making Robinson the franchise LT. I think that’s why they gave him only a one year deal to make him prove he could potentially be it. Yeah he gave up zero sacks last year in 8games but he still left a lot to be desired. Opinion could completely flip once I get to see him play for this season but at this moment im against him  

I really like Walker Little from Stanford and Throckmorton from Oregon too as potential 2nd rd guys. Or late 1st. 

• Like 2

According to this linked article - which I happen to agree with - 5 of the presumed 6 WR roster spots are spoken for. The first 4 were so cast in stone that I heard the Browns had commissioned Moses to go back up onto Mount Sinai with tables and chisels in tow.

WR1 - OBJ

WR2 - Callaway

WR3 - Landry

WR4 - Higgins

WR5 - Willies

We have 11 WRs currently on the roster. Even with my limited math skills, that means you have 6 guys fighting for probably 1 roster spot. I think the final WR spot goes to Jaelen Strong. He wins because of camp production, NFL experience, size and speed.

The practice squad can carry up to 10 players. I don't see more than 2 players from any one position there. So I think Damion Ratley, and MAYBE Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi make it there.

All the others will be released. If a TC injury occurs, I am sure they would only be a phone call away.

https://footballmaven.io/browns/browns-maven-features/cleveland-browns-derrick-willies-appears-to-have-all-but-locked-up-the-fifth-receiver-spot-LGqLsiR9uUykCsDvHL7Jlw/

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

At this moment in time, I am against making Robinson the franchise LT. I think that’s why they gave him only a one year deal to make him prove he could potentially be it. Yeah he gave up zero sacks last year in 8games but he still left a lot to be desired. Opinion could completely flip once I get to see him play for this season but at this moment im against him  

I really like Walker Little from Stanford and Throckmorton from Oregon too as potential 2nd rd guys. Or late 1st. 

Dude - you are perilously close to a suspension from the mods. You are making way too much sense.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

At this moment in time, I am against making Robinson the franchise LT.

You’re the only one talking about right now.  The whole discussion was based on the premise he plays well this upcoming season.

I think that’s why they gave him only a one year deal to make him prove he could potentially be it.

Duh.

Yeah he gave up zero sacks last year in 8games but he still left a lot to be desired. Opinion could completely flip once I get to see him play for this season but at this moment im against him  

The point is irrelevant right now as he’s signed for 2019.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bad habits?

Y’all know people can change habits right?  Even long term habits?

I mean, maybe buno can’t...

Yeah it’s a little different when it’s muscle memory. That’s a huge factor.  When you get into the heat of the competitiveness, you are going to do what feels natural and what your use too instead of what is being taught. 

Tristan Thompson for example, dude tried fixing his FT motions and Mechanics for the life of him, nothing he did could fix the bad habits shooting with his right hand from all the years of playing basketball. Dude had to switch to being a lefty. Robinson got by on his pure size and athletic ability his who career up until the NFL. Gets to the NFL and was complete trash the first 4 years. Campen might help him improve but he isn’t going to be good enough that he deserves that big money that could handcuff the Browns.

heck look at Tebow. Dude hired some of the best QB coaches to help him shorten up his throwing motion and make it more compact. Showed plenty of training and practice video of the motion looking improved but when he got back into the live game, he reverted right back to his own throwing habits. 

I will always select the dude with perfect technique over the stud athlete 

10 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

According to this linked article - which I happen to agree with - 5 of the presumed 6 WR roster spots are spoken for. The first 4 were so cast in stone that I heard the Browns had commissioned Moses to go back up onto Mount Sinai with tables and chisels in tow.

WR1 - OBJ

WR2 - Callaway

WR3 - Landry

WR4 - Higgins

WR5 - Willies

We have 11 WRs currently on the roster. Even with my limited math skills, that means you have 6 guys fighting for probably 1 roster spot. I think the final WR spot goes to Jaelen Strong. He wins because of camp production, NFL experience, size and speed.

The practice squad can carry up to 10 players. I don't see more than 2 players from any one position there. So I think Damion Ratley, and MAYBE Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi make it there.

All the others will be released. If a TC injury occurs, I am sure they would only be a phone call away.

https://footballmaven.io/browns/browns-maven-features/cleveland-browns-derrick-willies-appears-to-have-all-but-locked-up-the-fifth-receiver-spot-LGqLsiR9uUykCsDvHL7Jlw/

Guiseppi won’t make it. Dude is a pure ST type player. If he can’t make the roster being a pure ST ace then I wouldn’t waste a practice squad spot on him cause I don’t think he has enough potential as a WR. 

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Just for the record they did offer him a multi year deal but it wasnt big time money. Word was that he turned it down To prove he deserves a big LT deal.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

You’d have to think it’s Avery if he weren’t injured.

100%. If it ain't Avery, it's gonna be Takitaki. I'm a huge Miami Hurricanes fan, but Ray Ray Armstrong is simply depth. And not even really quality depth IMO. Avery is far more talented and produced at a surprisingly high level as a rookie. He's the guy.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

100%. If it ain't Avery, it's gonna be Takitaki. I'm a huge Miami Hurricanes fan, but Ray Ray Armstrong is simply depth. And not even really quality depth IMO. Avery is far more talented and produced at a surprisingly high level as a rookie. He's the guy.

Good thing we will have 3 LBs on the field <25% of the snaps or less.

Keeps Avery fresh to sub in at DE.