Redskins vs Browns Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 1 (8/8/19)

MKnight82

22 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe this has been covered. I'd start Keenum in Cleveland since we know Colt inside out . I'd play him through the first series in the 3rd quarter and finish up with the kid from ODU ,, or is JMU .. wherever . 

I imagine each QB gets a quarter to start.  Keenum probably starts the first preseason game and, McCoy probably gets the nod for the second.  The player who has the leg up gets the third game nod, where the first team usually plays the most.  That's usually how this works, despite your very correct statement about knowing McCoy inside and out.  The fact is, you have to see how his leg holds up, and how his rapport with the other offensive players are.  

26 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe this has been covered. I'd start Keenum in Cleveland since we know Colt inside out . I'd play him through the first series in the 3rd quarter and finish up with the kid from ODU ,, or is JMU .. wherever . 

I doubt they do that. I think they’ll start Keenum but he’ll only plays a few series, then they’ll split the rest of the game between Haskins and Colt.

if Woodrum plays at all it will just be late 4th Quarter.

Edited by turtle28

"Colt's [McCoy] got the most experience in the system, but he still hasn’t played a whole lot. He hasn't taken a lot of reps. Last year it was all about Alex [Smith], the year before that it was all about Kirk [Cousins], and getting them ready," Gruden added. "Case [Keenum] has all the reps, but he doesn’t have much experience in the system. He's doing a nice job, and obviously Dwayne [Haskins] is a rookie. All three of them have shown flashes of being really good and really productive, and all three have shown flashes of, 'Hey, we’ve got to get better."

Release First 2019 Unofficial Depth Chart before Browns game.

Colt McCoy tops the QB depth chart. 

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-release-first-unofficial-depth-chart-2019

Edited by turtle28

From the article above 👆

-- At this point, the right side of the line stays constant from years past. Chase Roullier is listed as the starting center with Brandon Scherff at right guard and Morgan Moses at right tackle.

Newcomer Ereck Flowers is listed as the starting left guard, with second-year man Geron Christian at left tackle.

Questions however still remain throughout the offensive line as three roster moves have been made since the start of camp. Former Pro-Bowl tackle Donald Penn is new among the unit, providing depth and veteran leadership to a potential starting group with no one over the age of 28. However, the 13-year veteran has made it known that he signed in Washington "to start."

One question surrounding this group is the health of Brantley, who left practice Saturday with a foot injury. Head coach Jay Gruden briefed reporters about Brantley’s status in his press conference Sunday morning.

“It's hopefully not serious – not any torn ligaments or anything like that,” Gruden said. “He landed on his foot. It’s a mild Lisfranc type thing. He'll be fine."

-- Ryan Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson are listed as the starting outside linebackers, which is not surprising considering first-round rookie Montez Sweat has been sidelined since being kicked in the calf during practice Wednesday. Sweat is listed as the backup to Anderson, while Cassanova McKinzy slated behind Kerrigan.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

dwayne should get the majority of the snaps for the pre-season 

I wish, but seeing as we have a 3 man competition, I think Jay/Kevin will watch the 3s snap counts and try to keep then equal. They have to see what Case has, he's learning a new offense and Colt will get his chance.