Week 1: Saints (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

I tried to cut the cord and go without cable/directv, but I can't do it. I'm taking my account out of suspension today and getting ready to pay the ridiculous cost of watching out of market football games. 

I'm really happy to see a regular season game day thread!

Unofficial starting offensive line:

LT - Riley Reiff

LG - Nick Easton

C - Pat Elflein

RG - Joe Berger

RT - Mike Remmers

http://www.vikings.com/team/depth-chart.html

Other items of note:

Rashod Hill backs up at LT, Aviante Collins at RT, newly acquired Brock is currently listed as backup CB behind Alexander, Weatherly is primary backup to Griffen

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I tried to cut the cord and go without cable/directv, but I can't do it. I'm taking my account out of suspension today and getting ready to pay the ridiculous cost of watching out of market football games. 

I'm really happy to see a regular season game day thread!

I simply just paid the $100 for Game Pass...haven't had cable in probably 3 or 4 years now.    

ADRIAN PETERSON hasn’t had to make a first impression in a locker room in a decade, rare in a business where rosters shift as often as a running back making cuts across the field. But the 11,747 yards he gained in 10 years with the Vikings are far from the only reason the Saints speak of him with awe.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/05/nfl-running-backs-adrian-peterson-new-orleans-saints

Watched all of Adrian's Carries in the Saints/Houston game and the Saint's oline got no push, Adrian danced in the backfield, his first cut was done as if he was jumping in sand and not state of the art field turf. He looked the same as he looked for us before tearing his knee last year. I'm not worried about him. I am worried about Drew Brees

5 minutes ago, GermanVike said:

So GamePass doesn't show live games in the US? Must be why it's so cheap, it costs me 160 EUR here.

The preseason games are live, the regular season ones are not.  I'm okay with it, because I'm generally busy on Sundays, whether it's with my children...or my wife.  

17 minutes ago, HEYPAUL! said:

Watched all of Adrian's Carries in the Saints/Houston game and the Saint's oline got no push, Adrian danced in the backfield, his first cut was done as if he was jumping in sand and not state of the art field turf. He looked the same as he looked for us before tearing his knee last year. I'm not worried about him. I am worried about Drew Brees

His worst performance against the Vikings was the first time they faced him, in 2008, and stlll he threw for 330 yds...and the only time they've beat him.  If the defense can get to him (which they've never really done...the most sacks they've ever had on him is 1, which has happened 4 out of the 5 games), they'll be fine.  They, at the very least, need to keep him in check.  The best chance they can give themselves is to get him below 60% completion rate (which happened in the 1st game, as well as the NFCC).  But, based upon previous history, expect the following line:

28-39, 318 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 sack

So, if they can improve defensively on that, it will bode well...if they don't, it won't.   He's always dominated Minnesota teams...I'd love to see that change in the twilight of his career. 

Crazy that 7 of the last 9 matchups between these teams have been played in New Orleans....'bout time we get them here again, first home game in the series since 2011.

One thing this team does have that it didn't have in previous matchups with Brees is No. 29. I think Xavier Rhodes will have a major impact on this game, hopefully shutting down Saints sophomore WR Michael Thomas. That leaves the other DBs to stop the mighty Tedd Ginn Jr.

Archived