Week 1: Saints (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Game 1

NFL_Saints.gifatNFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif    

When:  7:10 PM EST September 11th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: ESPN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Sean McDermott, Jon Gruden

Coverage Map:  National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: CB Tramaine Brock (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Saints - Questionable: LB Stephone Anthony (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: OT Terron Armstead (shoulder), LB Stephen Stupar (hamstring)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

drew-brees-didnt-like-being-thrown-down-by-vikings-b.gif?w=1000

I'm generally concerned about this game. Our offense has seemed fairly anemic in the preseason, but the saints defense doesn't seem like anything special. Hopefully Dalvin can have a great first game. Our defense is what actually worries me: we have not looked as good as we have in years past, and Brees is the type of QB who can dissect a secondary. Also, we have a weakness against the run, and no one knows how AP will fare when playing with a chip on his shoulder against his old team. 

The Saints have won games by putting up a bunch of points, and if our defense doesn't play like they did early last ear, I am not sure our offense will perform in a manner to keep pace.

I think the defense will be more prepared and not so out of place this game. that's not what I'm worried about.

I'm worried that our offense will be so bad that even if we can hold New Orleans to 14-17 points, we won't be able to come up with that ourselves. we're going to need big plays to win this game I think. hopefully that means Dalvin Cook and Stefon Diggs can break it open.

you make some good points NCO but I don't agree about the defense assessment.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

So Adrian Peterson? How do we stop him? 8 in the box or focus on coverage to stop Brees? If Peterson returns to form, the Saints have the potential to be deadly. I really hope Jaleel Johnson is starting over Tom Johnson who is useless in the run game.

Just need to keep the game close. He'll fumble when it matters most and the Vikings can run out the clock.

Peterson: “In my mind, we’re starting and ending the season in Minnesota. Of course I want to stick it to them. I want to stick it to everyone we play. But going back to Minnesota, playing the Vikings? Yeah, I want to stick it to them.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/adrian-peterson-i-want-to-stick-it-to-the-vikings/

Archived