Way too early thoughts on 2020 NFL draft but LT & WR could top the list

turtle28

I really hope we get Trent Williams back in the building. Cause next year looks to be a good WR class with the possibility of Jerry Jeudy, Laviska Shenault Jr., Cedee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Donovan peoples-Jones. Get Trent back and try and get a #1 receiver in draft next year. 

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I really hope we get Trent Williams back in the building. Cause next year looks to be a good WR class with the possibility of Jerry Jeudy, Laviska Shenault Jr., Cedee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Donovan peoples-Jones. Get Trent back and try and get a #1 receiver in draft next year. 

I think even if Trent comes back that we need to address OT if Christian doesn’t take strides this preseason. I hope he looks at least serviceable this preseason. If he does, that will be a great thing moving forward. 

WR remains to be seen too I guess. We have a lot of young talent there, if Doctson (mostly likely not) McLaurin, Quinn and one of the other young WRs like Sims or Harmon show out this preseason - like they have in training camp - and hopefully during the season, it could move WR down the the “need board” too.

I mean, you can say that for most of the positions on this team though tbh. CB looks like a need even w/ Norman here, but if Dunny, Moreau, Stroman and Moreland looks good this year then it isn’t.

Safety - same. OG - same. ILB - same. TE - same.

Holcolmb, SDH & JHC could look good this year and if so, ILB need drops down.

Sprinkle, Flanagan, Pharam and JPHoltz same deal at TE.

Everett, Nicholson & Apke @ S.

WMartin or Ross P @ G

Alot Of young talent but also unknowns this year and in future years/the 2020 draft needs bc of that. 

We’ll almost 100% be in a place of take BPA early in the draft except at QB and RB.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Of course, if we go 4-12 and finish top 5? Expect to trade down with a QB-needy team. It's one of the benefits of having a young 1st round QB already on your roster.

If we go 4-12 and Haskins doesn't look good he'd get the Josh Rosen treatment from me.  

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If we go 4-12 and Haskins doesn't look good he'd get the Josh Rosen treatment from me.  

I mean, I won't disagree with that strategy. Rookie QBs are cheap. But if he looks decent and shows progression and we still lose because of other factors, I'm willing to be the one selling at that point instead of always trying to buy.

I don't think you give up on a young qb after just one season. I still don't think the Cardinals should have traded drafted Murray and traded Rosen. Bosa & Rosen > just Kylar Murray. Worst of all they made that decision bc they hired Kingsbury, an average college coach who only got to the pros bc he coached mahomes.

For us next year, Haskins + Jeudy > than just Tua, Fromm or Herbert

Edited by turtle28

I’m assuming 4-12 would mean Gruden, and hopefully Allen are gone. If that’s the case I’d hope Snyder hires a coach who would want to work with Haskins. Arizona hired the anti-Rosen in Klingsbury. I really don’t think they’ll be that bad though

Would be crushingly disappointing if we go into this upcoming draft (with a WR group that appears to be one for the ages) feeling compelled to take a damn OT in the 1st round. We should be leaving this draft with a potential WR1 to add to the existing young offensive core of Haskins, Guice, and McLaurin. If Trent is out and Christian can’t step in and play reasonably effectively, that would be a giant disappointment. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:48 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

For Tu'a or Fromm, that would be the case for me.

Could see it with Tua, simply because the statistical performance is so outrageously astronomical despite his young age. I don’t know that I’m totally sold that he’s a future HOFer (injuries and supporting cast being the two major concerns), but I could see it being a case where you just couldn’t pass on him. 

Fromm, though? I know you’re a UGA fan, but from the outside, I don’t see that one. Very good player, very good prospect — but in order to “Rosen” the young QB we already have, I think the replacement prospect would have to be head and shoulders better than Haskins. And I don’t think I see that in Fromm. I might even end up ranking him higher than Haskins in terms of prospect value — but far enough ahead that I’d throw away that 2019 1st round pick after one season in order to upgrade?

Assuming we got a Rosen type return for Haskins, I think it’s a big loss for us (unless Haskins totally crashes and burns as a rookie). As @turtle28 said, at this point at least, I’d much rather have Haskins + Jeudy than Fromm + late 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Would be crushingly disappointing if we go into this upcoming draft (with a WR group that appears to be one for the ages) feeling compelled to take a damn OT in the 1st round. We should be leaving this draft with a potential WR1 to add to the existing young offensive core of Haskins, Guice, and McLaurin. If Trent is out and Christian can’t step in and play reasonably effectively, that would be a giant disappointment. 

Could see it with Tua, simply because the statistical performance is so outrageously astronomical despite his young age. I don’t know that I’m totally sold that he’s a future HOFer (injuries and supporting cast being the two major concerns), but I could see it being a case where you just couldn’t pass on him. 

Fromm, though? I know you’re a UGA fan, but from the outside, I don’t see that one. Very good player, very good prospect — but in order to “Rosen” the young QB we already have, I think the replacement prospect would have to be head and shoulders better than Haskins. And I don’t think I see that in Fromm. I might even end up ranking him higher than Haskins in terms of prospect value — but far enough ahead that I’d throw away that 2019 1st round pick after one season in order to upgrade?

Assuming we got a Rosen type return for Haskins, I think it’s a big loss for us (unless Haskins totally crashes and burns as a rookie). As @turtle28 said, at this point at least, I’d much rather have Haskins + Jeudy than Fromm + late 2nd round pick.

I might be trying to predict the future with that statement- I think Fromm gets up to Herbert's level, and may even surpass him this year.  I think with Chaney gone, we're going to open things up and we are going to see a guy who takes over games, instead of relying on the running game and playaction.  

I'm hoping that we are wrong and that Haskins doesn't get the Rosen treatment, but with any franchise, the odds of it happening with the Redskins are exponentially higher.  

• Like 1