Way too early thoughts on 2020 NFL draft but LT & WR could top the list

turtle28

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So you and MKnight have that delusional discussion than. Talking about something that has happened 1 time in all the years of NFL football. 

I'm not advocating for it, I just cannot discount it out of hand that it's something beyond the pale anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm bored. Time to do a 2020 hope/mock draft even though the draft is still 8 months away! We’ll call it the pre-college football mock draft!

* Redskins trade Trent Williams to the Texans for a 1st and 4th round picks after the Texans LT’s looks atrocious to start the season.

1. Andrew Thomas, LT, Georgia 

1b (from Hou) - Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama

3. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford

4.  K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State

4. Raequan Williams, 3-4DE, Michigan State

5. Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State

7. Jeremiah Dinson, S, Auburn 

7. Tommy Kraemer, G, Notre Dame

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Hill is a slow slot guy. We need a superstar WR.

giphy.gifBut I’d get down for Jeudy?

giphy.gif

We just drafted McLaurin who runs a 4.3. Also, you might want to check the 40 time on Hill, he runs a 4.4 forty ... He gets open and makes tough catches.

On top of that, we have to make a decision between protecting Haskins by drafting a young LT to protect Haskins’ blindside or take a WR in round 1. I'd choose to draft the young LT and continue to develop our young WRs and add another one to the mix in Hill as well.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not all too impressed with the WR batch for the draft next year. Though if we went OL the first 3 rounds I wouldnt mind. So far it looks like it could have a nice depth to it.

Probably be best to just toss money at a proven WR.

Jeudy is going to be great but after that it's not too impressive, so that's why I chose to go LT and grab a mid round WR who I knew, who Haskins was comfortable with and who I know makes tough catches run great routes and makes plays when you need it the most. He's done that at Ohio State for two years. There's only one speedster that's highlighted by preseason mock drafts and that's Jalen Reagor but get this, he's from TCU and while he's fasr, he has NO CLUE HOW TO RUN A ROUTE! 

SOUND LIKE SOMEONE??

So, I could see taking Reagor after drafting a LT with our top 10 pick but be advised as a rookie he will be raw as a route runner and just someone we mostly just throw to on screens and deep shots...

Yeah he's just a slow slot WR... It annoys me when people guess about prospects and especially when they guess wrong! If you look at any mock draft website, Hill is the 2nd or 3rd fastest WR in the draft; definitely top 5 fastest WR in next years draft.

He’s Ohio State’s #1 projected WR this year. I actually think when it's all said and done that KJ Hill will end up as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick and he won't last until round 3. I think Indy and the Redskins were lucky to get Campbell and McLaurin where they did in the last draft and KJ Hill might not sneak under the radar the way those two did a bit.  

As I mentioned in my post to PH, Reagor from TCU is projected to be a first-round pick/3rd to 5th WR taken in the draft. He is a speedster, possibly in the mold of DJax, but he's extremely raw as a route runner and basically doesn't know what he's doing on routes, sound like how a certain WR that we drafted in 2016 out of TCU was as a rookie?

Then, after that Kj Hill is projected to be a 4.4 to 4.45 guy, Jeudy is projected 4.45 to 4.5 and everyone I see on the draft pre-season mock drafts runs a 4.45 or slower after that.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php

KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State  
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.42
Projected Round (2020): 3-5. 

8/17/19: Hill showed strong hands with nice route-running and yards-after-the-catch skills versus Oregon State in the 2018 season opener. He then came through with a huge touchdown to help the Buckeyes get a one-point win at Penn State. In 2018, Hill totaled 70 catches for 885 yards and six touchdowns. He was a solid, dependable receiver who could produce more as a senior now that Parris Campbell and Terry McLaurin are in the NFL. 

According to NFL teams' 2018 preseason data provided by team sources, Hill checks in at 6-foot, 205 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 4.42 seconds, a very fast time. His arms measure at 29.63 inches, his hands at 9.25 inches, and his wing span at 73.25 inches.

Edited by turtle28

Not impressed with next year’s WR crop? I think it’s a really good WR class. Definitely the best since 2015, the way it looks right now, at least in terms of prospect value (lots of those highly regarded 2015 prospects did end up fizzling out in the league).

At the very top, you’ve got Jeudy looking like the highest-rated WR prospect since at least Amari Cooper in (2015), possibly since the AJ Green/Julio Jones draft. 

Then you’ve got Ceedee Lamb, Tee Higgins, and Laviska Shenault, who I think are all at least potential top 20-25 picks. And then behind them you’ve got some niche guys like Henry Ruggs, Tylan Wallace, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Collin Johnson, etc. who I think look like 2nd round range guys for teams who are looking for a WR with their particular skillset. 

• Like 4

On 8/12/2019 at 5:12 PM, Skins212689 said:

So you and MKnight have that delusional discussion than. Talking about something that has happened 1 time in all the years of NFL football. 

No one is asking you to chime in on the scenario if "what if" scenarios are not your thing. If they aren't, just ignore the post. No one is forcing you to respond to either of them talking about this "what if" scenario.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 11:31 PM, turtle28 said:

Yeah he's just a slow slot WR... It annoys me when people guess about prospects and especially when they guess wrong! If you look at any mock draft website, Hill is the 2nd or 3rd fastest WR in the draft; definitely top 5 fastest WR in next years draft.

He’s Ohio State’s #1 projected WR this year. I actually think when it's all said and done that KJ Hill will end up as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick and he won't last until round 3. I think Indy and the Redskins were lucky to get Campbell and McLaurin where they did in the last draft and KJ Hill might not sneak under the radar the way those two did a bit.  

As I mentioned in my post to PH, Reagor from TCU is projected to be a first-round pick/3rd to 5th WR taken in the draft. He is a speedster, possibly in the mold of DJax, but he's extremely raw as a route runner and basically doesn't know what he's doing on routes, sound like how a certain WR that we drafted in 2016 out of TCU was as a rookie?

Then, after that Kj Hill is projected to be a 4.4 to 4.45 guy, Jeudy is projected 4.45 to 4.5 and everyone I see on the draft pre-season mock drafts runs a 4.45 or slower after that.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/182001/kj-hill

We will find out for sure next year. Coming out of HS I recall he ran 4.61 but maybe he’s gotten a lot faster? 

IMO if we have a shot at drafting Jeudy you do it. Having drafted McLaurin, a speedy receiver side by side with Jeudy would be awesome. Not knowing McLaurin but he seems the type of guy who doesn’t mind to play with a receiver like Jeudy. Meaning McLaurin is not a head case. The two of them together would be GREAT! 

• Like 1