2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

8 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

One thing I do know is if you are tense and try to catch a cricket ball, it will just bounce off your hands. If you are more relaxed, with soft hands you make the catch. No reason to suppose things are any different in football.

It doesn't matter the sport when you are relaxed you play better. Moore's problem is he doesn't even know how to position his hands on many throws to catch the ball. Man I hope he gets it in the next three weeks, but it is so awkward looking I doubt it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

It doesn't matter the sport when you are relaxed you play better. Moore's problem is he doesn't even know how to position his hands on many throws to catch the ball. Man I hope he gets it in the next three weeks, but it is so awkward looking I doubt it. 

If I show you one GIF of him doing this, does it mean he can? That's the standard these days.

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not defending Moore getting passed up, didn't see MVS doing it, ESB makes some sense. Totally agree on the last line, also assume when you said FBS you meant FCS and the NDSU kid?

The quote you copied was my total point. He’s had a wide open field in front of him and 2 other rookies in his first year and now 2-3 others have passed him maybe?

If I didn’t know any better I’d say the dude might have a crap attitude. Maybe feels or felt entitled? Oh and those 2 left hands of his. What’s up with him?

Edited by MantyWrestler

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

If I show you one GIF of him doing this, does it mean he can? That's the standard these days.

Curious if you know the difference between MANY and ALL? The standard ought to be at least trying to read the post before replying to it. 

17 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

The quote you copied was my total point. He’s had a wide open field in front of him and 2 other rookies in his first year and now 2-3 others have passed him maybe?

If I didn’t know any better I’d say the dude might have a crap attitude. Maybe feels or felt entitled? Oh and those 2 left hands of his. What’s up with him?

He might have. He probably did. Again "the hope" is he wakes up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Curious if you know the difference between MANY and ALL? The standard ought to be at least trying to read the post before replying to it. 

You're the guy that got hooked on a guy can do something with one gif as proof. I don't think his "hand placement" has **** to do with it. But whatever.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

We may lose one or maybe two these receivers to Detroit. I guess the question would be which one would you be comfortable letting Detroit get.

I'm hoping like hell J'mon puts it together and makes this team. My worse nightmare would be him getting cut and going to Detroit and becoming the receiver we're hoping he would become here. And to add insult to injury coming back and torching our secondary twice a year.

Kumerow is another receiver I would hate to see in an Lions uniform. Guy just makes plays.

I guess I'd be comfortable with Davis going to Detroit because he's always hurt. I hope Shepherd and Lazard make it to the PS but that doesn't seem likely if they keep playing good in the preseason.

Actually when put this way, I want to cut Kumerow more. He's the last guy among the roster bubble guys I'd ever be afraid of eventually playing against.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

You're the guy that got hooked on a guy can do something with one gif as proof. I don't think his "hand placement" has **** to do with it. But whatever.

I have no idea what you are speaking of. You are entitled to your opinion on Moore, I'll respectfully disagree. 

Come Thursday, I'll be pulling for the kid because he's a terrific athlete, but most importantly, he's a Packer. If he could suddenly learn to catch, he'd be a player. I think he's got three weeks to figure it out, maybe less. 

• Like 1

I think many of the premises in the WR discussions are so super depressing for the team.  

Kumerow is used in the second group, one of the top 4.  Alex and others argue strongly and persuasive that he's terrible and worthless. 

I see two logical conclusions to choose from:

1.  The coaches are idiots to perceive a terrible, worthless player at #4 WR.  If the coaches are idiots, that's a depressing situation moving forward.  Or...

2.  The coaches aren't idiots.  And the other guys playing behind Kumerow are even worse.  

Unfortunately I don't think it's inconceivable that the latter may be true?  ESB is preferred because he's younger, with greater 40-time straight-line speed.  But in terms of getting-open ability, did he show anything last year?  He kinda seemed like a big guy who wasn't that shifty and maybe didn't have any or much more get-open ability than Kumerow?  Moore has more get-open-ability, but may not get open where he's supposed to, and has little catch-ability and limited body-control/body-balance for positioning himself to make catches or even the easy kind, much less the challenged difficult kind?  And Davis, who knows if he was healthy, but when has that or will that ever be?  Is it possible that whatever Kumerow is and isn't, that the other guys really are worse, and the coaches aren't wrong to perceive it that way?  I know that's maybe kind of a depressing possibility.....

Q re Davis:  How long does a stinger normally keep a guy out?  Completely variable?  long-term?  Pretty short-term?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I've been somewhat quiet on this WR debate... but I'm 100% pulling for Moore. In all honesty he reminds me of a young Davante Adams. And for me, personally, I'm keeping that guy over a #5 WR (Kumerow) with limitations anyday of the week. 

I think the comparison is being made talent-wise.  But my understanding is that Adams is and has always been super professional, high-effort,  and engaged in optimizing himself as a player. 

Yesterday's comments by MLF that Moore practiced with energy, seems to imply that he is not presently perceived by MLF as being a consistent energy/effort guy.  I'm not sure how much energy and effort matter in how well a player plays or develops, that might just be coach-talk.  But if it actually does matter, Adams may not be a good comp for Moore in that aspect.  

• Like 1

Just now, craig said:

I think the comparison is being made talent-wise.  But my understanding is that Adams is and has always been super professional, high-effort,  and engaged in optimizing himself as a player. 

Yesterday's comments by MLF that Moore practiced with energy, seems to imply that he is not presently perceived by MLF as being a consistent energy/effort guy.  I'm not sure how much energy and effort matter in how well a player plays or develops, that might just be coach-talk.  But if it actually does matter, Adams may not be a good comp for Moore in that aspect.  

I know it's probably been mentioned in here before, but I think Moore's lack-of is more mental than it has been physical. Whether that's talent or work ethic. Then again, I could be wrong. Whatever it is, I hope he gets his attitude and head right and becomes the player we all know he can be. 

18 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm sure if he said Jake Kumerow practiced with energy today we'd all go, wow he's been half assing. 

He said a different energy anyways. Could easily be "practiced with more confidence."

Regardless, more energy, different, that's what he needs. It's good, not bad.

Confidence is half what that guy needs IMO. 

More

“I came out today ready to attack. I know what I can do and I know what I have inside me,” Moore said after Sunday practice.

The response was obvious to his coach.

“I thought it was the best practice he’s had all year,” LaFleur said.

“The biggest thing with me is just relaxing and letting it ride. Let me be me,” Moore said. “Sometimes I’m out there playing and my mind is someplace else. I might be too anticipating, too antsy. I just gotta relax and be who I am. They drafted me for a reason, and I have the talent behind that. I just have to bring it out and be consistent, and I’m going to make it work, for a long time.”

But hey, let us make that one part as negative as possible.

Edited by Norm

4 hours ago, St Vince said:

We may lose one or maybe two these receivers to Detroit. I guess the question would be which one would you be comfortable letting Detroit get.

I'm hoping like hell J'mon puts it together and makes this team. My worse nightmare would be him getting cut and going to Detroit and becoming the receiver we're hoping he would become here. And to add insult to injury coming back and torching our secondary twice a year.

Kumerow is another receiver I would hate to see in an Lions uniform. Guy just makes plays.

I guess I'd be comfortable with Davis going to Detroit because he's always hurt. I hope Shepherd and Lazard make it to the PS but that doesn't seem likely if they keep playing good in the preseason.

In order of which I would like on Detroit:

1.  Lazard

2.  Kumerow

3.  Shepherd

4.  Moore

5.  Davis

Davis is last because you KNOW he would pull a Jeremy Ross and have the game of his ******* life against the Packers as a return man.

• Like 1