2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

Not sure how this turned into a McCarthy thread, but my understanding is that he had one head coaching job offer, from the Cardinals, which he turned down, and the only job he wanted was the Jets, which he was not offered. It will be very interesting to see what he does in the future. I wonder if that article about him and Rodgers damaged his reputation significantly. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Poor man's version of

Okay. Thanks for that.

In all these podcasts and discussions regards the WR you run into stuff like:

Sheppard is kinda/sorta like Davis......
Kumurow is kinda/sorta like Allison.......
J'mo is kinda/sorta like Adams (except he cant catch the ball.....)
But I've yet to (either) see or hear a similar comp for Lazard.

I've got the BALT game taped - so I'll be on the lookout for my first take on Lazard.

One of these is Rodgers 2010, the other is Kirk Cousins last year.

Player A: 65.7%/3922 yards /28 TDs /11 INTs

Player B: 70.1%/4298 yards/30 TDs/10 INTs

Not saying that we would have won the SB with Cousins, not even saying that Rodgers 2010 season wasn't a  better year. Just feel like dismissing the idea out of hand isn't appropriate either. 

5 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Not sure how this turned into a McCarthy thread, but my understanding is that he had one head coaching job offer, from the Cardinals, which he turned down, and the only job he wanted was the Jets, which he was not offered. It will be very interesting to see what he does in the future. I wonder if that article about him and Rodgers damaged his reputation significantly. 

I think it's more likely that this last year in general hurt him. McCarthy's biggest positive was always his ability to get a team to buy in, show up ready, and be professional. This last year really dinged that narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I just don't think MM is all that highly thought of around the league at this point.  Unless I am forgetting someone, every assistant coach hired off the MM staff for HC gigs elsewhere failed spectacularly.  The MM offense is now widely considered to be (much) less that cutting edge.  I'm not sure where the appeal is for a team looking a reboot.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't think MM is all that highly thought of around the league at this point.  Unless I am forgetting someone, every assistant coach hired off the MM staff for HC gigs elsewhere failed spectacularly.  The MM offense is now widely considered to be (much) less that cutting edge.  I'm not sure where the appeal is for a team looking a reboot.

I never understood this argument. If it was the HCs job to train his assitants to be HCs, that would make sense, but finding a guy who's a really good offensive coordinator, but not a great HC isn't a knock on the guy currently wearing the HC hat. Belichick's assistant's fail with such spectacular frequency that it's amazing they're still getting interviews. 

Lol, this Rodgers obsession is stupid as all hell. 

I knew this would happen.  I really wish people would actually go back and watch Aaron's Eagles and Bears games from that run.  We won in spite of Rodgers.  You can't win a Super Bowl if you can't get there.  Rodgers didn't get us there.  McCarthy called a damn near perfect game against the Steelers.  And the Eagles.  Remember when Rodgers played the offense that was called?  We won a Super Bowl. 

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not saying that we would have won the SB with Cousins, not even saying that Rodgers 2010 season wasn't a  better year. Just feel like dismissing the idea out of hand isn't appropriate either. 

#1 QB stat correlated with wins that I’ve seen is yards per attempt.

Kirk’s 2018 - 7.1

Rodgers 2010 - 8.3

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, this Rodgers obsession is stupid as all hell. 

I knew this would happen.  I really wish people would actually go back and watch Aaron's Eagles and Bears games from that run.  We won in spite of Rodgers.  You can't win a Super Bowl if you can't get there.  Rodgers didn't get us there.  McCarthy called a damn near perfect game against the Steelers.  And the Eagles.  Remember when Rodgers played the offense that was called?  We won a Super Bowl. 

1. We don’t win the SB without Rodgers.

2. Or that defense.

3. Or McCarthy.

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cousins record against teams with winning percentage above .500

5-25

Yup, he is going to lead a lot of teams to the superbowl with that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Cousins record against teams with winning percentage above .500

5-25

Yup, he is going to lead a lot of teams to the superbowl with that

This Packers team has won 3 games against above .500 teams in the last two years. Rodgers clearly isn't the be-all, end-all in that stat either.