Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

http://www.dnronline.com/sports/all-eyes-on-moreland-at-skins-camp/article_4ce76c80-99e8-50e3-a2c4-5458309f14e8.html?fbclid=IwAR1APVD90EQwWXtOAwOD9vpf5VwbCmvX8pSsph1lhlZX2wUnW9o2SzdODXk

The burgundy-and-gold clad spectators already know who he is.

Not all NFL fan bases can say that about their seventh-round pick.

And on a warm, no-where-to-escape-the-sun training camp Tuesday at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, the Washington Redskins faithful had no problem letting Jimmy Moreland hear them.

“Hey Moreland, you’re a ballhawk,” a middle-aged man in a Ryan Kerrigan jersey yelled as the defense jogged to the sideline.

“Jimmy, over here,” a kid in a bright gold Skins shirt said as he waved toward Washington’s youngest defensive back.

Just to be fair to those who root for one of the 31 franchises, it was hard not to easily identify Moreland, a James Madison football alum, during Tuesday morning’s practice. He had his best session yet with two interceptions — one of veteran quarterback Case Keenum and the other of hyped rookie signal-caller Dwayne Haskins — to go along with a tackle for loss.

“Nothing is guaranteed,” Moreland said. “Every day I have to work on the little things. There were a couple of plays that got away from me and I gave up some catches that I could’ve stopped, so it’s just about getting better. I can’t look at the great plays.

“I always go back and critique every little thing I do. I just come every day willing to get better.”

This is why I love this guy. And why I know he will find a way to stick to an NFL roster and make some team VERY happy

18 hours ago, Woz said:

Glad to see Davis make the catch, but c'mon Nicholson ... the trend of not being able to cover TEs seems to continue for another year. #sigh

I think that's a bit of a overreaction to just a 1 on 1 drill. Now, if that was happening over and over every time they lined up its be one thing but I doubt that's the case. Those of us who aren't at camp only see the highlights and lowlights of plays, we don't see everyone’s plays. I used to get worked up about a training camp twitter clip from someone but I really don't anymore but they don't mean anything.

What's most important to me on that drill is that Haskins threw a perfect ball. 

15 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Penns been a fiery guy and a higher end but not elite LT for his whole career. I don’t see him grabbing a role like you said so early in camp, especially for a team that isn’t a super bowl contender. 

Over a banged-up Christian, a roster-fluff guy like Catalina, and a waste-of-talent like Flowers? It's not like he's got a difficult path to walk.