Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

On 8/10/2019 at 10:47 AM, turtle28 said:

The other candidate we had was Jim Fassell but Dan and Vinny were already handicapping their new HC by hiring their staff before they hired the head coach!

The only reason Jim Fassell wasn't hired is because the fanbase went up in arms.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:31 AM, turtle28 said:

I forgot about Wes Martin, he may start as well. And, even if he doesn't start week 1, it's inevitable that he'll take over for Flowers at some point.

I'm glad you finally came around.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Ereck Flowers played pretty well against the Bengals. Now, it’s probably not going to continue but it would certainly help out if it did. 

It wouldn't be the first time a highly touted tackle busted out, moved to guard and had a good career the rest of the way.  The last one I remember this happening to was Robert Gallery.  I'm hopeful for the best here, but we all know that rarely happens in Redskins land. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It wouldn't be the first time a highly touted tackle busted out, moved to guard and had a good career the rest of the way.  The last one I remember this happening to was Robert Gallery.  I'm hopeful for the best here, but we all know that rarely happens in Redskins land. 

Yeah, which is why I always thought it was worth a shot and hopeful it would work. I guess we'll see if he continues to improve and plays at least serviceable at LG.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/17/2019 at 1:28 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, which is why I always thought it was worth a shot and hopeful it would work. I guess we'll see if be continues to improve and plays at least serviceable at LG.

The roadmap to Ereck Flowers’ success in the NFL was published years ago

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/18/20809573/the-roadmap-to-ereck-flowers-success-in-the-nfl-was-published-years-ago

• Like 1

Michael Phillips , Richmond Times Dispatch said this morning  -We should trade Trent, cut Vernon Davis and Norman along with Alex Smith ( Take the entire $42 mill cap hit this year with the savings )and resign Scherff . Get ready for when Haskins will be ready . He said it takes us from a 7 win team to 5 wins . so WTF . Thumbs up from me !

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Michael Phillips , Richmond Times Dispatch said this morning  -We should trade Trent, cut Vernon Davis and Norman along with Alex Smith ( Take the entire $42 mill cap hit this year with the savings )and resign Scherff . Get ready for when Haskins will be ready . He said it takes us from a 7 win team to 5 wins . so WTF . Thumbs up from me !

Al Galdi has been saying that since April, and maybe before. Given than it's August, the front office is not going to do that now except for possibly trading Trent and of course signing Scherff.

They've already made their decisions to have VD, Norman and Alex on the team and payroll IMO.