Which team do you think is overrated and will underachieve?

DigInBoys

49 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

And if we look at the history, since 1997 there has always been at least one team that missed the playoffs after making the conference title game the year before

So if it continues this year, which team is more likely to miss the playoffs between the Pats, Chiefs, Rams or Saints?

Of those choices, I'd say the Saints because of Brees's age and the toughness of the NFC South.  I would say the Pats for similar reasoning (AFCE isn't scary, but they have some DTs now), but I'm pretty sure my hatred and doubt of Tom Brady as he gets older and older is just Benjamin Buttoning him, so.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Of those choices, I'd say the Saints because of Brees's age and the toughness of the NFC South.  I would say the Pats for similar reasoning (AFCE isn't scary, but they have some DTs now), but I'm pretty sure my hatred and doubt of Tom Brady as he gets older and older is just Benjamin Buttoning him, so.

That's the thing I'm worried about.  He's looks old to me lately.  But I think we can have a great team if he can hold out one more year.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

That's the thing I'm worried about.  He's looks old to me lately.  But I think we can have a great team if he can hold out one more year.

The Brees is finished narrative is getting out of hand. He was a legit MVP for first 10 or so games. I think the falling off may have been due to fatigue and teams slowing the Saints offense. How do you go from MVP level to finished within the same seasons. If the Saints fall off it'll be a number of reasons, last of which is Brees being finished.

3 minutes ago, Classic said:

The Brees is finished narrative is getting out of hand. He was a legit MVP for first 10 or so games. I think the falling off may have been due to fatigue and teams slowing the Saints offense. How do you go from MVP level to finished within the same seasons. If the Saints fall off it'll be a number of reasons, last of which is Brees being finished.

I don't mean he looked old on the field, I mean he just looks old.  

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I can see the Saints season being like Peyton Manning’s last season. A potentially phenomenal defense carrying a QB close to retiring.

Drew Brees still need to be at least an above average QB if the saints want to have a chance

I still think Brees can still be very good ... Last year the Saints offense slowed down from the game against the Cowboys but one of the reasons was that the Saints had no good second receiver after Thomas.

For Peyton Manning,at the end of the 2014 season, Manning was starting to have a lot of injury at several places in his body and this is at this time that Manning was starting to be sad to watch ... I do not think Brees is at this level right now ... Brees has never had a neck surgery too.If Brees stays healthy, I'm expecting another very good season for him

Edited by Steelersfan43
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Drew Brees still need to be at least an above average QB if the saints want to have a chance

I still think Brees can still be very good ... Last year the Saints offense slowed down from the game against the Cowboys but one of the reasons was that the Saints had no good second receiver after Thomas.

For Peyton Manning,at the end of the 2014 season, Manning was starting to have a lot of injury at several places in his body and this is at this time that Manning was starting to be sad to watch ... I do not think Brees is at this level right now ... Brees has never had a neck surgery too.If Brees stays healthy, I'm expecting another very good season for him

That midseason Manning injury was the only reason we beat them in the Divisional that year.

Edited by ManningGM

18 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

It's the Saints or Rams for most likely. Although it's tough to pick any of those now because I like all to make the playoffs. 

It's the Saints for me. Then the Chiefs, then the Rams, and no way the Patriots miss.

I trust Belichick and McVay a little more than Payton and Reid, even though both have good track records.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

At some point you gotta expect time to catch up with both Brees and Brady.  QBs take less of a beating now, but still they’re over 40 competing with 20 somethings.

The QB position is very mental, so I think Brady, Brees and others can stay very good QB if they stay healthy and their arm becomes not too weak.

4 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The QB position is very mental, so I think Brady, Brees and others can stay very good QB if they stay healthy and their arm becomes not too weak.

They rely less on their physical attributes as other QBs, but jokes aside, they can’t play til 70. At some point they’re just gonna be too old.  I don’t know when that point will come, but it will likely be sooner rather than later.

17 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

They rely less on their physical attributes as other QBs, but jokes aside, they can’t play til 70. At some point they’re just gonna be too old.  I don’t know when that point will come, but it will likely be sooner rather than later.

Maybe at 45?

Brees and Brady have already spoken in the past about wanting to play until at 45! ... I do not know if it's realistic but we'll see!

44 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It's the Saints for me. Then the Chiefs, then the Rams, and no way the Patriots miss.

I trust Belichick and McVay a little more than Payton and Reid, even though both have good track records.

I think Reid has proven his track record in the regular season is elite. I'd be fairly shocked if they would miss. Both Saints and Rams have arguments as to why they would miss. I tend to agree with you on them being more likely but it's close and I'm in my football is almost here optimistic feel for the Rams. 

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think it started to catch up with both last year.

It's just that they were so good (1st and 3rd best all time IMO), that even after regressing a bit, they're both still great and capable of putting up elite numbers. Brees was a little more noticeable than Brady, but I think age started to creep in for both.

It's a fairly easy call to make for Brees because his numbers hit a sharp decline last year, and their division this year: Falcons are really good, Panthers can be really good, Bucs are probably the most talented "worst team" in any division. Even if I thought Brady was shot, I think the Patriots would still easily win the division.