Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins - Sept. 10, 1:00 PM

Phire

I think this will be a very high scoring game and I think both quarterbacks will put up impressive numbers. I think in the end their offense proves to be more efficient and doesn't turn the ball over and we lose 42-38 or something along those lines.

....hope I'm wrong though. 

I'm curious to see the game plan. It's no secret I think Pederson is a Idiot, however it appears to me he's trying to duplicate what Belicheck does in NE. Try to game plan and attack opponents with specific players. Hence the 5 RB by Committee approach. Not caring which player does what in a given week as long as they execute.

Might be Blount one week, Sproles the next, Heavy dose of Ertz vs Washington or something different altogether? Problem is Pederson can't get out of his own way IMO to actually succeed taking that approach. He'll still try to pass 75% of the time despite a game where they are gashing a Defense on the Ground. I don't ever foresee a game plan like NE has done in the past where we Run 60% of the snaps. That's the major difference between the GOAT and a Scrub like Doug.

Eagles win 100-99

All we have is Doug's first year as a sample size for his play calling. I'm willing to give him a chance in year 2. Did he throw a lot last year? Yeah. Were there boneheaded plays called? Yeah. But was that his first year? Yeah.

If we see the same stuff then we should be concerned, but I'm not overly nervous about what we saw in the first year.

Archived