Adam Thielen

holt_bruce81

What are your thoughts on him for this year? His current ADP is Early to mid-3rd round (Around WR12). When I'm doing Mock drafts and its late in the 2nd round and I'm sitting there trying to choose between guys like....Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen or Adam Thielen, it's pretty hard for me to pass on Thielen even though the other guys are ranked higher. Top 8 fantasy WR in back to back years. 

Where would you feel comfortable drafting him? 

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I'd take all of those guys over Thielen if they're available. 

I'd say middle of Round 3 is where I'd take him. Have him over Diggs and Edelman, and just under TY and Cooper.

With the injury concerns surrounding Luck, you're comfortable taking Hilton over him?

34 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

With the injury concerns surrounding Luck, you're comfortable taking Hilton over him?

TY is now a huge risk and one I'm not taking.  I won't be having Hilton on any of my teams because of the Luck situation unless it 100% is cleared up by the 26th when I draft.

As others have said I'd probably take AB, Evans and Allen over Thielen but if those guys are all gone I wouldn't sweat having him on my team as my WR1.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

TY is now a huge risk and one I'm not taking.  I won't be having Hilton on any of my teams because of the Luck situation unless it 100% is cleared up by the 26th when I draft.

As others have said I'd probably take AB, Evans and Allen over Thielen but if those guys are all gone I wouldn't sweat having him on my team as my WR1.

Yeah I owned Hilton two years ago and it sucked.

I like Thielen. Idk if he'll repeat what he did last year but I prefer him over Diggs. The caveat is that if Cook gets hurt/MN can't run the ball, Cousins is gonna have to throw a lot like last year...

side note: I passed on Thielen, Tyreek Hill(both of these guys twice) last year. I went with Cooper and Miller. I also passed on JUJU.

So instead of having a core of Thielen, Hill, JUJU with James conner/Bell last year, I ended up with Cooper, Miller, Hogan, Landry and Conner/Bell. The difference between making the playoffs and making a run vs picking top four this year and missing the playoffs for the first time ever in my home league.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

What are your thoughts on him for this year? His current ADP is Early to mid-3rd round (Around WR12). When I'm doing Mock drafts and its late in the 2nd round and I'm sitting there trying to choose between guys like....Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen or Adam Thielen, it's pretty hard for me to pass on Thielen even though the other guys are ranked higher. Top 8 fantasy WR in back to back years. 

Where would you feel comfortable drafting him? 

I'm absolutely taking Evans ahead of him. AB scares the crap out of me but I just dont think I can take Thielen over him too. Allen is close to Thielen but I'd take Allen too

Aren't they going to be a run-1st type team?

Which Thielen is the real Thielen?

1st 8 games he went: 74-925-6 which is unbelievable

but

Last 8 games he went: 39-448-3 which was in part because of the OC change

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm absolutely taking Evans ahead of him. AB scares the crap out of me but I just dont think I can take Thielen over him too. Allen is close to Thielen but I'd take Allen too

Aren't they going to be a run-1st type team?

Which Thielen is the real Thielen?

1st 8 games he went: 74-925-6 which is unbelievable

but

Last 8 games he went: 39-448-3 which was in part because of the OC change

Thielens a stud. Defenses we’re drawing more attention toward him the second half of the season. Everything I read from Vikings camp, and I know lots of people being from Minnesota, is that Cousins has looked better and Thielen is still better than Diggs. He’s underrated. Lots of subconscious bias against him. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

On 8/14/2019 at 11:57 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen or Adam Thielen

To be honest the only two I like in this group are Evans and Thielen. I'd probably lean Evans but it's close. I don't want anything to do with Brown, I don't care how talented he is. And Keenan Allen, While he'll catch a ton of balls in PPR, doesn't score. I think there's better value elsewhere. 

I prefer Hilton, Diggs, Woods, maybe even Golladay to be honest. And you can get some of those guys a round later.