Raiders @ Cardinals - Preseason Week 2 GDT

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I am not a big Murray guy, but as a college QB he won the heisman for a reason. He was superb leading OU to the playoffs. 

So did Tebow and Jason White. Winning the hesiman doesnt translate to the NFL. I would actually argue it gives you a higher chance at not translating to the NFL. You wanna know who didnt win the Heisman. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady. You know who did. Eric Couch, Johnny Manziel, and Troy Smith. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

What part of scouting of him before he got drafted is not understandable, I didn't like him before and I still don't, I saw the same issues last nignt that I believe he was way overrated coming into the draft.

The part where you're using vanilla preseason football to "confirm" and laugh at people who liked him as a prospect because he had a bad outing. Just saying it's a little too early for that, that's all.

But I digress. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Crazy we were playing him well into Q3. Down bodies or not, you don't play your important starters that much. Worst case you play Rush/Westbrooks more.

Saw that and thought it was strange. Maybe the staff isnt as high on him as us fans were..

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

12 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

So did Tebow and Jason White. Winning the hesiman doesnt translate to the NFL. I would actually argue it gives you a higher chance at not translating to the NFL. You wanna know who didnt win the Heisman. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady. You know who did. Eric Couch, Johnny Manziel, and Troy Smith. 

Wasn't my argument, but fine. He was knocking him as a college QB, where he was down right exceptional. Didn't correlate that to how he translates 

Finally got to watch the first half of the game and we looked great for the 2nd preseason game.  Trying to keep things in perspective but the team did just about everything you could ask of them.  Of course we were playing against the worst team in the league from last year with a rookie QB and a first year head coach bringing a gimmick offence that relies on a lot of things you do not show in the preseason.  They also shot themselves in the foot a lot.  Game three will be a much better indicator of this teams ceiling and floor.  If we can look the same way winning one on one match ups against the Packers then I would say we are or at least very close to being a .500 ball club with an outside shot at the playoffs.  I was really impressed and think this team is further along than I thought they would be.  One thing I would like to see, even though Burfict played well, is more speed to stop teams from getting to the edge.  I believe this team will have a hard time stopping an offence like the Chiefs until we solve that issue.  Need to limit a teams ability to extend plays.  If a QB knows he is going to have a missle coming at him if he gets outside the tackle box he is more likely to try and move around in the pocket.  Then your DEs can come after him and not have to concentrate on containment as much.

Edited by drfrey13