Pre-season G2: Dallas vs. LA Rams

HDsportsfan

3 hours ago, eagles suck said:

How many times did you see Dez make that same catch off of that same type pass countless 

When Romo had time in the pocket and clean too? Not many at all. Keep in mind Dez arguably most famous catch like that came from Tony having to pull a Manziel like play and just chunk it. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It doesn't have to be way out in front. Just over the shoulder14+Phil+deep+Fltcher+no+safety.gif

This pass is actually too far inside. Ideally this would be caught more on the right side of the body to shield. 

Its also a little less distance which effects closing speed from the safety. 

This throw worked, but its more B-B+ range in terms of difficulty and ball placement. 

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

When Romo had time in the pocket and clean too? Not many at all. Keep in mind Dez arguably most famous catch like that came from Tony having to pull a Manziel like play and just chunk it. 

Daks OL has been = to or worst than Romos "bad OL" the last ~20-25 games. 

With that said, Romo was a risktaker, so your point doesnt even make sense. Clean pocket or crowded, he had balls of steel and would go deep. We would see more 25+ yard attempts from Romo in one year than Dak tries in 2.

Edited by Matts4313

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That situation was nearly identical in every way for Dez and Gallup wtf Matts?

Are we being serious?

I thought for sure that was a troll attempt.

That safety is literally 20-25 yards away.

Are you f'ing with me? 

Ive concluded you are screwing with me. There is no way in hell you think those are nearly identical. That safety starts on the opposite hash. 

If you really do think those are the same throws, I think its best we never attempt to discuss football seriously with eachother again. Thats like saying a car is nearly identical to a bus because they are both vehicles. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This pass is actually too far inside. Ideally this would be caught more on the right side of the body to shield. 

Its also a little less distance which effects closing speed from the safety. 

This throw worked, but its more B-B+ range in terms of difficulty and ball placement. 

No you did not! 

Did you cross your fingers behind your back when typing this? Please tell me you did. If so it doesn’t count.

53 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

This pass was underthrown it just took Dez to long to get there

The play you are analyzing is beautifully executed in many facets by several units. Don’t try to hard to find fault. It isn’t there. 

Did Dez stop and go back to catch these passes? Was his momentum upon reception toward the LOS or toward the end zone? Was Michael Gallup falling toward the end zone or jumping back toward the LOS?

Even on the many contested catches that Dez had on those routes, did the pass lead him toward or away from the LOS?

93e844b1222eb46a46eb5a194e52e86d.gif?141

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Who is the safety and how fast does he run?

Looks like #38 Steven Parker a UDFA out of OU, who came into the league with speed and ball skill concerns:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/steven-parker?id=32195041-5241-9471-28e0-40b52a181d6e

Overview

Posting even an average forty-yard dash time will be extremely important for Parker. While he's a three-year starter with good size and loads of special teams experience, if teams don't trust his instincts and ability to recover with at least functional speed, they may not want to carry him on the roster as a backup.

Weaknesses

Ball skills and hands are below average

Had very few pass breakups and interceptions relative to the pass-happy conference he played in

Doesn't run well

Once he's beat, he's beat

Instincts in coverage need work

Can be slow to recognize when teams are attacking with the deep ball

Lacks range to overcome mental mistakes

Route watcher who doesn't read enough cues from quarterback

Tends to hang back when running back bolts into second level

May lack confidence as open field tackler

Edited by DaBoys

I know the safety had no chance on the play regardless of who was back there, but this guy in particular wasn't going to get there, or do anything if he did miraculously get there. He has 2 career interceptions since high school.

Are you guys freakin serious??? you guys are debating a pass that may have been a good /very good or not good throw. WHY????

EVERY SINGLE QB IN NFL HISTORY HAS THROWN PASSES TOO HIGH, TOO LOW, MISS READ A OPEN WR. HELD THE BALL TOO LONG. OVERTHROWN/UNDERTHROWN A DEEP PASS. THROWN FLAT OUT BAD PASSES. AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE GAME.

YET EVERY PASS DAK THROWS THAT ISN'T PERFECT GETS OVER ANALYZED and SCRUTINZED. PEOPLE ACT LIKE DAK IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T MAKE PERFECT PASSES.

DAMN AND THIS IS JUST THE PRE-SEASON. WHICH BY THE WAY DAK IS 9 FOR 9... UNBELIEVABLE 

THIS IS LIKE A QB WITCH HUNT X1000

Edited by resilient part 2

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

A 9 route with a safety over top?

dez2.gif?w=533&h=300

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

It doesn't have to be way out in front. Just over the shoulder14+Phil+deep+Fltcher+no+safety.gif

I was hard on Romo, but watching these clips of his makes me truly miss him. At least when a WR was running wide open, he could hit him consistently.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1