Bucs @ Dolphins and Hurricane Irma -Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

What an insensitive comment. Obviously, you have never been through something so destructive.

To the mods: Do we really need tools like this on our boards???

That post has already been addressed by me. Please keep your comments related to football. If you have any future questions or concerns about posters or rule violations, please shoot me or another mod a PM instead of quoting and inflammatory post.

Right now the most likely scenario seems to be playing the game during both teams' bye week (week 11). Pretty crappy situation for two playoff-hopeful teams. Dolphins would also open up with three road games (@LAR, @NYJ, "home" in London against NO) before finally getting a home game on October 8th. So much for heat advantage in 2017.

21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I really don't see how it's not logistically possible for the teams to play Thurs or Fri night. It will be just getting to the Bahamas Friday morning. At worst Miami will be experiencing the outer bands. Make it happen NFL.

I'm really hoping it is rescheduled for Friday Night, personally. Would be an awful design to postpone to Week 11.... I'd rather them play the game as scheduled in San Antonio, or something.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm really hoping it is rescheduled for Friday Night, personally. Would be an awful design to postpone to Week 11.... I'd rather them play the game as scheduled in San Antonio, or something.

Friday seems less likely given the new forecasts.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Friday seems less likely given the new forecasts.

Problem with Thusrday night is I can't see the NFL wanting another game on at the same time as their usual regular-season opener.

Also is the storm increasing in speed? from what I'm seeing it's still scheduled to hit late Saturday or early Sunday at the absolute earliest.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Problem with Thusrday night is I can't see the NFL wanting another game on at the same time as their usual regular-season opener.

It won't be nationally televised anyway. Local markets only.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Also is the storm increasing in speed? from what I'm seeing it's still scheduled to hit late Saturday or early Sunday at the absolute earliest.

The outer bands will be hitting SoFL sometime Friday, it's looking like.

If rescheduling the game to earlier this week is impossible, playing the game at a neutral site (such as San Antonio) sounds much better to me than having to play 16 weeks straight without a bye. That would effectively only give us six home games... but in my mind that's less problematic than 16 weeks straight without a break.

Archived