A few predictions about the MLF Offense

skibrett15

14 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it's entirely based on what he did in Tennessee.

I haven't watched much preseason.  First half of the baltimore game and that's it

Do you not know of any other coordinators who's trajectory differed greatly when they became head coaches?

Moral of the story.... nobody knows. I like to watch it all unfold.

18 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Sometimes I hope they go back to the squad of the seventies and eighties. Fan entitlement is so annoying. I remember listening to my grandmother and her friends ***** and complain about people constantly, and it's really starting to remind me of that around here. An old lady sewing circle on steroids.

But then again it can be like a bad accident I can't take my eyes off of. I wish I could look away every once in awhile lol

Yeah it has been pretty miserable in here for well over a year now. Most depressing forum on this site tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Do you not know of any other coordinators who's trajectory differed greatly when they became head coaches?

Moral of the story.... nobody knows. I like to watch it all unfold.

then go away and come back when the season starts.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.  If you'd like to contribute to discussing the current events so to speak, then please partake. 

If you are here to post "offseason doesn't matter and neither does history" or "please stop talking about such and such topic", well, then just ignore us or kindly go away.  It's like everyone wants people to only discuss what they want to discuss.  If you want to discuss something here, start a thread or make a post  in an existing thread which is a starting point rather than a response or rebuttal.

Some people want to eat the cake, and some people want to help bake the cake.  Looking for more bakers and fewer nitpickers on what ingredients the bakers are using or what kind of cake we're making this day/week/month.

Anyway,

I don't recall even posting anything overtly negative about the team or MLF in this thread at all.  I'm very excited about the MLF play action game.  I think the stuff is gonna work.

I guess I’m mostly curious to see how MLF makes in-game adjustments.  Football games have always been like a chess match, and I love watching a game of strategy as much as the next guy.  Is MLF nimble, strategic, and flexible, and will AR stay the course with the plan?  All compelling questions that I’m curious and somewhat excited to see play out this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I guess I’m mostly curious to see how MLF makes in-game adjustments.  Football games have always been like a chess match, and I love watching a game of strategy as much as the next guy.  Is MLF nimble, strategic, and flexible, and will AR stay the course with the plan?  All compelling questions that I’m curious and somewhat excited to see play out this season.

If we struggle, he'll use more Vitale. Every time.

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

If using Vitale causes an erection to last more than four hours, seek medical attention.

I don’t want the medical attention. One Vitale before bed and I can sleep on my side without rolling on to my stomach.

I want to say this as quietly as I can so I do not alert sports media to potential Rodgers/MLF disharmony...

... but I really am curious to see if 12 will clearly demonstrate command of an offense that gets the ball out of his hands much more quickly than it has in the past. If things go well both men can take credit. If Aaron and the offense struggle to sustain drives and score points we’ll be right back to pointing fingers and having chicken/egg arguments over whether or not the problem is QB play or the design of MLF’s offense itself. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I don’t want the medical attention. One Vitale before bed and I can sleep on my side without rolling on to my stomach.

I want to say this as quietly as I can so I do not alert sports media to potential Rodgers/MLF disharmony...

... but I really am curious to see if 12 will clearly demonstrate command of an offense that gets the ball out of his hands much more quickly than it has in the past. If things go well both men can take credit. If Aaron and the offense struggle to sustain drives and score points we’ll be right back to pointing fingers and having chicken/egg arguments over whether or not the problem is QB play or the design of MLF’s offense itself. 

I'm not so sure about this......
I sense - sense that is - there is "intended at least....." greater structure to the offensive scheme. Not sure exactly why I think that or what in this preseason would lead me to believe that - but I do for some reason.

In which case - it will (or should) be easier to find the reason for a plays breakdown as opposed to a less structured offensive scheme which had a fair amount of scramble drill sprinkled on top of it.

Listened to this guy on Matt Waldman’s podcast and he’s got an article on this topic:

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2019-green-bay-packers-coaching-change-analysis

The podcast:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/06/20/matt-waldmans-rsp-cast-ep-74-projecting-the-packers-offense-with-dwain-mcfarland/

Hes got a big year for Adams, MVS, and Jones and a 57/43 pass/run split.

• Like 2

Very bold prediction, if the Packers have two losing seasons, don't be surprised if Gute cuts the cord on his young HC.  This year I think is going to be 8-8 to 10-6 at best, next year should be the bigger year for this coaching staff.  If not, he's gone.